Open House

Open house was an utter disaster. People looked at me as if they've seen a ghost, I went to my room and took my pills, I lay in bed just staring at the ceiling.

-Earlier-

"Mom, do I have to go? I already know the teachers it's not like I'm a completely new student." I said.

"Taehyung, you know you have too. Lots of things have changed since you've been gone. Don't you think it's only right for you to be there."

I sighed in annoyance.

"Taehyung"

"Alright already" I folded my arms across my chest.

"It's going to be fine you'll see." My mom placed her had on my knee and smiled.

I looked out the window and took a deep breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My mother parked the car and I got out. I looked around and felt nostalgic, everything about this place brings Minah's memory back to life.

"Taehyung? Are you coming honey?" My mother asked.

I nodded and caught up to her.

Walking in the hallways seemed so odd, I remember Minah's locker being at the end over there. The only pink locker in this hallway...

"Taehyung?"

Hmm? I lifted my gaze.

"It's me, Soohyun." She smiled.

Minah's best friend....

I looked away from her and kept walking.

"Taehyung. Wait!"

I didn't want to talk to her. I looked at my mother.

"I'll see you in the auditorium." I went into the boys restroom.

I could hear her talking to my mom, asking her how I was doing and if I was okay. I waited a while longer and got out of the restroom. I kept walking down the hallway, down to where Minah's locker was. I wonder if they took her belongings out. Maybe it's a shrine for her now? I stopped in front of her locker. It has her lock on it still.

I still remember her combination but do I dare open it? I held the locket between my fingers and stared at it.

"Hey! Get away from...T-Taehyung?"

I looked up. "Jae..."

He came closer, we stood face to face.

"It's been a long time..." He said.

"So it has..." I said in a soft voice.

I looked back at the locker. My heart filled with remorse and sorrow.

"It's been weird without you two." Jae spoke.

"........"

"I heard that you were seeing a psychiatrist...is everything okay?" He asked.

I balled my hands into fists.

"Okay?" I looked at him. "When is anything ever going to be okay Jae?"

"Sorry man. It's just a psychiatrist is a pretty big deal you know? Only crazy people see them right? Did Minah's death really affect you that much? Were you seeing her ghost or something?" He asked.

"Crazy?" I scoffed. "What is insanity exactly Jae? Psychiatrists are there to help people get over what they are going through." I looked at Minah's locker then back at him again. "Don't talk about Minah as if she were just ANYONE, you don't know anything so stop acting like you know what I've been through and going through"