Tzukook: Beside You

(ship requested by itssssmegaaaa)

Concept: Jungkook and Tzuyu have always been good friends. Everything changes when Tzuyu asks him for a single favor)

(Jungkook POV)

It was late already. I was trying to push just a little longer to finish my assignments, but I got sidetracked.

My phone started ringing and at first, I was going to ignore it, until I realized who was calling.

It was Tzuyu.

I can't just ignore her like that, so I answered it.

"Tzuyu-ah, what's up? I thought you'd be asleep by now." I answer the phone.

"I know, sorry," She says, "Are you doing anything tomorrow evening?"

"Tomorrow evening? Why?" I ask.

"Just answer the question!"

"I'm not doing anything then. Why?"

She sighs quickly, "I need a favor."

"What kind of favor?" I was confused.

"It's not much...it's just-"

"What do you need me to do?"

She paused before going on.

"I need you to pretend to be my date at a party tomorrow." She says.

"What? Why? You can't get an actual date?"

"Please, Jungkook! I can't be the only one there without a date. It's nothing serious!"

I sigh, "If I do this for you...you seriously owe me one."

"I know, I know," She says, "So you'll do it? Right?"

"I don't know, Tzu..."

"Kook, please..! I'm begging you here."

"Alright, alright. I'll do it."

"Thank you so much! I'll meet you at your place at five and then we can head over together."

"Wait, Tzuyu." I say.

"Yeah?"

"What kind of party is this?"

"It's just a get-together with a few friends. I don't think you know them, but I've known them almost as long as I've known you."

"Oh...alright."

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. Good night."

What am I getting myself into?

Why is she being like this all of a sudden? She's been single for a while, why does it matter now?

The next day, I had to ask her what I should wear.

"Is it casual? A little bit dressy? Not super dressy though, right?"

"I don't know, don't overthink it." She says, "Just look nice, but not too nice. Wear something casual, like something you would wear to class."

I took her advice and got ready while I waited for her to show up at my door.

I finished as soon as she knocked.

"Ready to go?" She asks.

"Yep. Let's go, babe."

She gives me a strange look.

"What? I'm just practicing! You want it to be believable, right?"

"Whatever, let's just go."

The party was at someone's house. She was good friends with the other girls, but as soon as I walked in, I figured out why she wanted me to do this.

Her ex-boyfriend was there.

He was there with another girl.

I noticed Tzuyu didn't even want to look at him. She said 'hi' to his girlfriend, but walked right past him.

I followed her lead, but I couldn't help but keep glancing over at him.

So he was the one.

He was the one that broke her heart back then.

I remember how devastated Tzuyu was. She really loved him. I guess he just didn't see that. He dumped her for another girl. That other girl wasn't even the same girl he was here with today. Guess he's a player.

Tzuyu and I made up a story to tell her friends if they asked. We had to make sure our stories lined up so we wouldn't get caught lying.

"You two were best friends, right?" Her friend asked.

"Yeah. We were friends for so long, I guess I didn't realize how much I liked him back then." Tzuyu said.

I know it was just an act, but hearing her say that...it did something to me.

"I always knew you guys would make a cute couple."

At some point, we were sitting on the couch, across from Tzuyu's ex-boyfriend and his girlfriend. Tzuyu was talking to the girl, but she didn't even acknowledge him.

Eventually, Tzuyu and her friend got up to get a drink.

"I'll be right back, babe." She says.

"Alright-"

Before they walked off, she leaned over and kissed me on the cheek, leaving me flustered.

Now it was just me and her ex.

He just glared at me, like we had something against each other.

I did.

I knew he was the one that hurt Tzuyu.

"Jungkook, right?" He finally spoke up, but only after Tzuyu left.

"Uh...yeah. Hi-"

"I know who you are. You're the reason I left her." He says.

"What..?"

"You heard me. I knew you two were best friends." He rolls his eyes, "I knew you had a thing for her. I didn't trust her around you so I left her."

I took offense to that.

"Look, just because we're dating now, doesn't mean we were back then. I would never date someone who was taken and Tzuyu would never cheat on someone she loves."

He scoffs, but I wasn't done.

"Besides, it doesn't matter anymore. She's mine. And you have your own thing going on so just leave her alone." I storm off to find Tzuyu.

"Oh, Jungkook-"

"I think we should go."

We left the party early.

As soon as we were alone outside, I let loose.

"Why would you come to this party if you knew he was gonna be here?" I raise my voice.

"I just wanted to see my friends! I knew one of them was seeing him and I didn't  want to come alone..." Her voice got smaller as she spoke.

I sigh, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you. I just...I care about you. I don't wanna see you get hurt again."

After that night, I couldn't stop thinking about her. She kissed me. I knew it wasn't 'real' but it felt real to me. It meant something to me.

I started acting different around her and she saw right through me.

I ended up telling her how I felt.

"I guess I should've just asked you to be my real date." She laughed.

"It's never too late to change your mind." I shrugged.

She asked me on a real date and we went from there.

I think what she said at that party actually applied to me.

We've been friends for so long, I guess I didn't realize how much I liked her back then.