Taemina: Don't Go

(Ship requested by Love_Jiah)

(Concept: Taehyung and Mina have been dating for a while and recently moved in with each other)

(Taehyung POV)

It was one of those nights that called for two heavy blankets and someone to cuddle with. I was shivering as I climbed into bed and under the blankets.

"Jagi-ya, are you coming to bed?" I call for Mina.

"Yes, I'll be there in a second!"

I wanted her to come to bed so we could keep each other warm. The lights flick off in the hallway before she walks into our room.

The room was dark, but the curtains were open just enough for some moonlight to shine in.

She walks by our bed, and I grab her by the arm, pulling her under the blankets next to me.

"I'm so c-cold." I say, only being slightly dramatic.

"Should we get another blanket?" She pulls me closer, holding me tight.

"No, no. Let's just stay like this." I scoot in even closer until there's no space left in between us, kissing her goodnight.

"Good night, jagi. I love you." I whisper.

"I love you, too." She kisses my cheek before settling into bed.

I could feel her breathing, and I swore I could hear her heartbeat, too. I fell asleep like that, not wanting to move a single muscle.

I slept so good; it felt like no time had passed. I felt like I just blinked, and my alarm was already waking me up for work. Mina was still asleep in the same spot, with her head pressed against me.

I had to move to turn off the alarm. She wakes up at my movement and whines.

"Sorry." I whisper, "Keep sleeping."

I start to get up, but she stops me, "Don't go."

"Yeobo-"

"Stay just a little longer. Please."

I look at the clock. Luckily, I set my alarm to go off early since I usually snooze it a couple of times. I give in and lie back down beside her.

She wraps her arms around me, snuggling into my chest. I held her, stroking her hair softly. This was nice.

I kept an eye on the clock, making sure I wouldn't be late for work, but Mina made me want to stay here like this forever. I love her so much.

The bed was warm; the way she held me made me feel nice and warm on the inside, too. This feeling is probably one of the best parts of moving in with each other.

Before, she used to stay over at my place often, and we'd sleep in the same bed then, too, but this felt different. This felt like home.

I start to get up again once the clock strikes six.

"Taehyung-ah..." She pouts.

"I'm sorry, baby, but I gotta get ready for work. I'm going to be late." I kiss her forehead, and she lets me go this time.

I got dressed and washed up for work. It took me a while to get dressed because I wanted to wear plenty of layers today. It was cold out, and it's supposed to start snowing any day now.

I had a few spare minutes before I had to leave, so I sat back down on the bed next to Mina, pulling the blankets over her and tucking her back in. She smiles at me as I do so.

"Oppa, I made you some lunch for today. It's in the fridge." She says.

I nod, "Thank you, love. I'll grab it on my way out."

Mina's lucky. She doesn't have to go to work until later. I'll probably be home before her, though. Since she made me lunch, maybe I'll prepare dinner for us tonight.

She held my hand as we both just gaze at each other for a moment. She's adorable, even when she's sleepy.

"I love you, Taehyung." She says quietly.

"And I love you, Mina."

I take another glance at the clock. It's about time for me to start heading out.

"I gotta go now," I tell her, "I'll take care of dinner tonight, okay?"

She nods, "Okay."

I go to pick up my bag and my phone and I almost step out of the room, until Mina stops me again.

"Hey." She calls, "Aren't you forgetting something?"

I check my pockets. I had my phone, I had my wallet, I had my bag. What was I missing?

"I'm forgetting something?" I look at her, confused.

She frowns, "You do it every day before you leave."

She tries to get me to remember. Something I do..?

"Oh!" It finally hits me. She wasn't going to let me go without kissing her goodbye.

I quickly walk back over to properly say goodbye.

I was just going to go for a quick kiss, but she kept me there for a while. I didn't mind. She knows her kisses are my favorite.

She finally lets me go for the last time.

"I'll see you later, okay? I love you." I tell her.

She nods and smiles, "I love you, too."

Having someone like Mina in my life makes it so hard to say goodbye every day, but she gets me through the day knowing that I get to come home to her love and do it all over again the next day.