Vhyun: Masquerade

(Ship requested by JazztineAlleje )

(Concept: Taehyung and Dahyun are both famous, influential people. They were both invited to a masquerade party hosted by a big company. The mystery and suspense draws them to each other, making it a night to remember)

(Dahyun POV)

"You should go!"

"Why? I won't know anyone there."

"That's the point! Go meet new people, it'll be fun."

"I don't know...I don't want to go alone."

I was on a video call with my friend. I told her I was invited to this masquerade ball, but I wasn't sure about going just yet. It sounded cool, but I was unsure about going to a big party by myself.

"You'll be fine. You don't have to stay the whole time if you don't want to."

I thought about it for a while, but in the end, I decided I was going to go. My friend was excited to help me pick out an outfit and we had fun picking a dress to match a custom mask I had made.

When I finally put it all together, I started to feel excited about the party. My dress was black and gold and my mask matched with dark red roses accenting one side. I loved how I looked in this dress.

The day of the ball, I showed up just a little bit after the party began. At the door, they asked to see my invitation and they told me the rules.

You must keep your mask on at all times inside the venue.

You cannot disclose your identity to anyone else besides the staff if they ask you to.

You may only post pictures and videos of the event after the event is over.

That didn't seem too hard. I agreed to the rules and they let me inside.

The venue was crowded, but it was so big, it didn't seem like there were so many people inside. Everyone was spread out and there were different areas for food, dancing, lounging, and taking pictures.

The masks only covered the area around your eyes, but I didn't recognize anybody here. The people here must all be celebrities too, though. I'm sure I'd recognize them without the masks.

Everyone else seemed to be with someone. I was the only one alone.

I wandered around trying to find people to talk to. I had a few small conversations with some people, but I didn't stick with any of them.

I was getting a drink at the bar when someone got my attention.

"Excuse me?" A voice called from behind me.

I turn to see a man wearing a blue and grey suit. His mask had black feathers around the edges.

"Do you mind if I sit here?" He asks.

"Oh, I don't mind. Go ahead."

"Thanks." He nods.

He orders a drink before turning back towards me.

"Are you here by yourself?" He asks.

"I am. I didn't know anyone else who was invited. What about you?"

He shrugs, "I had a few friends who were invited, but they didn't want to come. I thought it'd be fun though, so here I am."

He takes a sip of his drink, then sets the glass down, "I like your mask. It really compliments your eyes."

"Oh, thank you." I say, "I like yours too. Are those real feathers?"

"I'm not sure." He says, touching the feathers, "What do you think?"