Jimina: Here For You

(Concept by SUGA_KO0KIE , what it would be like if Jimin and Mina were dating when Mina was on hiatus)

(Adding to Concept: Jimin and Mina have been dating for a while, BTS was on tour when Mina/JYPE announced Mina's hiatus and health condition)

(Jimin POV)

BTS is on our Love Yourself: Speak Yourself Tour right now. We've been really busy. Twice is also on their Twicelights Tour, so they're obviously busy too.

Usually, when we're traveling, Mina and I would text and call each other every night, but she hasn't been responding for the past two weeks. I was starting to get really worried.

We were in Japan, approaching the end of our tour.

July 11. I saw the announcement and the many, many posts going around the internet.

Mina was diagnosed with sudden extreme anxiety and she is on hiatus from performing and promoting with Twice until further notice.

It hurt me, reading the statement, knowing she was struggling, but she didn't reach out to me.

I texted her that night, not expecting a response, but I just wanted to let her know I was there for her.

She did reply though. She needed time to get back to herself. She told me that she would be heading home to Japan to be with her parents for a while.

BTS would be in Japan for the next week and a half. I decided to pay her a visit after our last concert, two days before we left.

I went over to her parents' place that evening. I had all my stuff with me. I was just going to stop by and then find a hotel in the area to stay in. I couldn't stay long, but I wanted to see her.

I gently knock on the door.

"Hello-" It was her mom that answered the door, "Oh, Jimin-kun! What are you doing here?" She spoke softly.

"Hi, sorry for showing up unannounced." I bow, "I came to visit Mina for a bit, if that's okay."

She motions me to come inside. The house was warm and quiet.

"Mina will be so glad to see you." She says, "She's asleep right now, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind."

I nod.

"How is she?"

"Ah..." She sighs, "She's just been resting. We're trying to get her to relax while she's here."

I nod again.

"Her room's just down the hall, but Jimin," She turns towards the kitchen, "If there's one thing I can ask of you."

"Of course, how can I help?" I ask.

"She hasn't been eating much. She skipped breakfast and lunch today. I made this for her this afternoon." She hands me a bento box from the fridge, "If you could convince her to eat something, even if it's just a tiny bit."

I nod and take the tray to her room.

I slowly slide the door open. I peer inside to see Mina asleep on her bed, laying next to her dog, Ray.

Ray's head pops up and he starts sniffing in my direction.

"Shh, Ray, it's just me." I didn't want him barking at me.

I didn't want to wake her up just yet. 

I put the food down and just watch her for a second.

She looked so peaceful.

I lightly tap on her shoulder like I do in the morning when we would spend the night together and I had to leave for work in the morning. Her eyes slowly blink open.

"Oppa?" She squints.

"Hey, beautiful."

She slowly sits up, rubbing her eyes.

"Is it really you? What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you before I left Japan."

She tells me about the past few weeks and her decision about her hiatus. I was just there to listen.

I got her to eat most of the food her mom had made.

After that, the two of us sat on the floor in her room, quietly watching TV. I missed having her around and I didn't know when I'd see her again, so I held her close and tight.

It got late and somewhere in between, she fell back to sleep, this time, leaning on my shoulder, both of her arms wrapped around one of mine.

I quietly got up, trying not to disturb her, picked her up, laying her down back in bed, tucking the blanket over her.

I left the room, sliding the door shut behind me.

I found her parents in the kitchen, still awake.

"Thank you for having me." I said goodbye.

"Wait, where are you going?" Mina's dad asks me.

"I'm off to find a hotel." I say.

"You don't have anywhere to stay?"

I shake my head.

"Jimin-kun, you're welcome to stay here for the night." Mina's mom insists.

"Are you sure? I don't want it to be a hassle-"

"Jimin, it's okay. You're a part of this family too, you know."

They had convinced me to stay the night. I slept on the floor in Mina's room. Her parents provided me with pillows and blankets to be more comfortable.

Sometime in the middle of the night, Mina woke up. I heard her moving around in bed.

"Jimin..?" She called my name. She must have thought she was alone.

"Jagiya, I'm here." I say.

She sits up in bed and looks down at me on the floor.

"Why don't you sleep next to me?" She asks, "You don't have to sleep on the floor."

I got under the blanket next to her. She fell back to sleep almost right away, but it took me a little longer.

I held her close, my thoughts of her drifting away as my eyelids became heavy.

She was my last thought before I finally drifted off.

I fell asleep with good thoughts knowing that she was okay, hoping for her to get all the rest she needs.

I promise I'll be right here for you, Mina.