Tzukook: Upset

(Ship requested by khyuniem )

(Concept: Jungkook and Tzuyu have been together for years, but one day Jungkook forgets something very important to the both of them and Tzuyu is upset because of this)

(Jungkook POV)

JK: I'll be home soon

JK: do you want me to bring home dinner?
Seen 10m ago

I stared at my phone, a bit confused. Tzuyu hasn't responded to any of my messages since this morning, even though she's seen all of them. I understand if she's busy, but it's not usually like this.

I went to pick up something for us to eat even if she didn't respond. I got her favorite because I had a feeling she wasn't feeling well or she was upset about something.

I unlocked the door to our apartment and stepped in cautiously.

"Tzu?" I call, "I'm home."

The house was strangely silent. It made me uneasy.

All of the lights were off except the light in our bedroom. I figured she must be in there. I set the food down before going to our room.

The door was cracked open slightly, so I peeked inside. I saw Tzuyu laying in bed, blankets wrapped around her, and facing away from the door.

"Tzu, are you okay..?" I spoke quietly.

She didn't move. I went over to the other side of the bed so I could see her face. She was awake, staring right at me.

"Hey, are you okay? What's wrong?" I ask, putting my hand on her shoulder.

She just turns away from me.

"Tzuyu..." I was confused, "What's wrong?"

"You really forgot?" She mutters.

"Forgot what..."

She scoffs, "I guess it must not be important to you then."

I felt my heart drop.

Her phone was sitting on the nightstand, so I gave it a tap to look at today's date.

August 8th. Our anniversary.

I sigh, "I'm so sorry, love. We've just been so busy with work, I didn't even know what day it was today, I'm sorry."

She still wouldn't say anything to me.

"Baby, I just made a mistake. I didn't mean to."

She sits up to look at me, "How long have we been together?"

"Three years, going on four."

"Promise me you won't forget next time."

"I won't forget ever again, I promise." I open my arms and she joins me for a hug.

She squeezes me tight, "Now how are we going to celebrate?"

____________

"Do you remember our first date?"

"I'll always remember our first date."

"Do you remember what you told me?" She asks.

We were having dinner together, chatting away and reflecting about our relationship over the past few years.

I pause to think, "Hm...what did I tell you?"

She looks at me, expectantly.

"Oh! Right." I finally remembered, "I told you that you were the first person I've ever felt this kind of love for. Right?"