Sakook: Expecting

(Ship requested by JkHamster)

(Concept: Sana and Jungkook are expecting their first child very soon. Neither of them know what to expect these days)

(Jungkook POV)

"Jungkook-ah!!"

Sana's scream came from our room. It startled me so much, I jumped from my seat.

I rushed over to see what was going on.

I burst into the room, "What? What's wrong?"

I found her in the bathroom, looking down at the counter with a look of shock on her face.

I approached her slowly, glancing over her shoulder. She was looking down...at a pregnancy test..? A positive pregnancy test?!

She looks at me to see my reaction. My jaw had dropped and I had froze completely.

We had been trying for a baby for a while now. She took a pregnancy test last week because she wasn't feeling well, but that one came out negative.

We went to go confirm it with a doctor and it was true. She was pregnant.

She cried when we found out. Not because she was sad, but the exact opposite.

Sana and I have been married for a few years now. Until recently, the doctors told her that she would never be able to have children. A few months ago, she went in for a checkup and things had changed.

We're going to be parents.

[5 MONTHS LATER]

I held Sana's hand as we walked down the street together. It was a nice day out, although a bit chilly. We were both wearing heavy coats to accommodate the weather. We walked to the park just for fun and we were on our way back home.

Sana was just fine until we stepped inside. I helped her get her shoes off, but then she leans against the wall, holding her head.

"Jagi-ya, are you okay?" I ask.

"I...I feel dizzy."

I help her get her coat off before bringing us over to the couch. She sat down and I checked her temperature by putting my hand to her neck. She felt awfully warm, but maybe it's just because she was wearing that coat.

I brought her some cold water before sitting next to her. She rests her head on my shoulder as I stroke her hair.

"Still feeling dizzy?" I ask.

She nods, keeping her eyes shut.

"What can I do to make you feel better?"

"Just...stay here with me." She hugs my arm, pulling me closer.

I chuckle, planting a gentle kiss on her forehead.

"I love you." I whisper.

I smile as I watch her lips curl into a soft smile.

She nuzzles her head against me, "I love you too, baby."

She rests her hand on her baby bump. I rest my hand on hers.

"Four more months." She sighs.

"Hm?"

"Four more months until we get to meet our baby."

"Oh, right. Wow. It's been that long already?"

"I can't belive it either."

There was a tone of worry in her voice. She looked towards the floor with a blank expression on her face.

I hold her hand, "Our baby's going to have an amazing mother, who'll love them so much."

She breaks a faint smile.

"They'll live a happy life with a happy family and everything will be just fine." I tell her.

____________

"What should we do for dinner?" I ask Sana.

"I want...something spicy."

"Spicy? Like ramen?"

"I was thinking tteokboki." She tilts her head.

"I can make tteokboki."

"Can you add eggs and cheese too?"

"Sure. Anything you want."

"Do we have ice cream?" She asks.

"I don't think so, but we can go buy some. You want ice cream with tteokboki?"

"No, no, for dessert."

"Oh, alright. We can go to the convenience store after dinner then."

Sana was enjoying the tteokboki, but I was struggling to eat it without coughing. I think I made the broth too spicy.

"It's not too hot for you?" I pant.

"No, it's perfect. You made it just right."

I just nod, trying not to look like I was struggling.

I ate as much as I could, but she ended up finishing most of it.

After we cleaned up, we walked to the store to get her ice cream. We each picked something to take home.

Sana was happy and feeling better after dinner.

I had some work I had to finish so I worked on my laptop while she sat next to me on the couch, watching TV.

An advertisement for some travel and vacation agency played on the TV.

"Ah...we should've went somewhere like that for our honeymoon." She says.

"We can still travel to those places." I shrug, "We can even bring our little baby or they can stay with my parents so we can get some alone time."

"You're already thinking about that?"

"I think about a lot of things." I smile to myself, "Lately I've been picturing what our life might look like when our kid grows up and we get to grow old together. "

"So you only want one kid?" She asks.

"I didn't say that." I laugh nervously, "Just working with what we know now."

Sana grew up as an only child. Her parents told me she was a handful because she was so energetic and sociable all of the time. I have a brother so I can't imagine what that was like.

"We'll see what happens with one kid before deciding on having another one." I say.

She smiles to herself like she's imagining something.

"I can see you being that playful, loving, but strict dad." She laughs, "You'd love your kids, but you'd be strict at times because you want the best for them."

It still feels a bit strange, being called a "dad".

"I feel like you're right." I tell her, "I also feel like I would be the one keeping them in check because you'd be too nice."

"No..." She insists.

"I can't imagine you scolding them. You'd hate seeing them cry."

She pouts, "I'll learn."

I close my laptop and join her on the couch.

"Whatever happens, we'll have each other." I plant a kiss on her cheek.

"You said that..." She pauses, "In your vows. At our wedding."

I smile, happy that she remembered.

"Right, and it's true."

"We'll always have each other."