Curses and Truths revealed (Chapter 4)

Right now the sky is covered in dark clouds. The three friends are safe inside the owl house in the living room with King. King wanted to teach the friends something but right now he is busy with something else.

Luke: I have no idea what I am watching right now.

Luz: [takes out her phone and records] And here we have the most fearsome creature in the world, the King of Demons.

Luke: Define fearsome.

Right now King is having a hard time getting a sock off that got on his nose.

Luz: Facing his natural enemy, the ducky sock!

Y/n: [sweats] How did that sock get on his nose to begin with?

Luke: I put it there.

Y/n: [looks at Luke] Why?

Luke: [shrugs his shoulders] Why not?

King: [grunting, tears the sock into pieces, then punches the remnants] Where are you now, ducky sock? [looks at Luke] How dare you put this on your king?

Luke: Never said you were my king?

King: Oh yea [looks at baby dragon] attack him make him kneel before me!!

The baby dragon just yawns and goes back to lying on the couch as it proceeds to fall asleep.

Luz: [points the camera to the baby dragon] Awww he's so cute when he's asleep.

King just grumbles.

Luke: Ok so why did you call us here again?

King: Oh yea right [jumps on the table] Human Luz and Luke, and Half human Y/n, you've been so obsessed with witchcraft that you haven't learned anything about my kind. Prepare yourself for... [rips off a curtain to reveal a corkboard of photos of various demons; puts on a hat and spins the cord on top of it] Demons 101.

Luke: Is it weird that I find this interesting?

Y/n: A little.

King: Demons like me are grim tricksters of the twilight, creatures of sulfur and bone.

Luz: [zooming in with her camera] And cute little paws.

Both Y/n and Luke tried to hold in their laugh. Keyword tried.

King: [sighs] And cute little paws. True. We live only to create chaos and misery. Our only weaknesses are purified water and passive‐aggressive comments. Sometimes.

Y/n&Luz: Oh, you guys are sensitive.

King&Luke: Even demons have inner demons.

King: [tears off one of the pictures to reveal a snarling demon] The most powerful demon of all is the Snaggleback.

Y/n: Cool!

King: He's a--

Luz: Bad boy! [A colored filter appears over the screen, followed by several stickers. Luz aims her phone down and taps on her screen.]

King: Luz, pay attention. This information could save your life someday.

Luke: He has a point Luz as useless the little guy is.

King: Hey!

Luke: This might actually help us identify a demon.

Little Demon: You mean help them.

Luz: No, no. I am so paying attention. This is my paying attention face. [nodding] Mm‐hmm, mm‐hmm, mm‐hmm.

Y/n: [chuckles] That's your adorable not paying attention face.