Twin dragons awakens in Eclipse Lake Chapter 33

The scene opens up at the Emperor's Castle deep inside where the emperor was building the portal to the human world. There were blueprints on the portal, a book that was open to a page called "Grimwalker", and finally Belos's mask. Suddenly a shadow appeared revealing to be Belos himself. He walked over to the unfinished door and placed a tub on the keyhole. Once he tightens it he commands one of the Abomatons to turn the wheel. The abomaton obeys and once he turned it some kind of green substance traveled through the pipes to the door lock. This made the portal door light up as Belos looked at it. Very soon he will be able to enter the human world. Belos pulled out a pieced together key hoping it will work as a replacement for the other key. Unfortunately, as soon as he tried to put the key into the keyhole, the key evaporated.

Unknown to him a familiar blond boy was watching him from a nearby corner. Hunter came down to ask Belos a question but got curious on how the process of the door was going. Before he could say anything the same red palisman appeared chirping at him.

Hunter: *tries to swat him away* Shoo!

Lately the red palisman has been very clinging to Hunter. He has been following him everywhere. Though Hunter found the palisman to be annoying he couldn't help but enjoy his company.... At times.

Belos: Would you like to see how it works, Hunter?

Hunter let out a gasp when Belos called out to him. He got worried that he found out about his pailsman. Luckily the palisman turned into his wood form making Hunter hide him in his cloak.

Hunter: *walks up to him* I didn't mean to hide, Emperor Belos.

Belos turned towards Hunter revealing his face

Belos: We found every piece of the door. But without the power of the real key, *narrows his eyes* it refuses to open.

Hunter: *Curious.* Is it true that rain doesn't boil in the Human Realm?

Belos: It is. You know, I've been there before. Did I ever tell you that?

Hunter shakes his head. He has no knowledge of Belos talking about the human world with him.

Belos: The trees there are green. Nights are quiet. I look forward to seeing it again. Were you spying on me just to hear these boring stories?

Hunter: The operation at the Knee, why did you switch me out with Kikimora?

Belos: *puts his hand on Hunter's shoulder* Everyone has a use, Hunter. *walks beside Hunter* Kikimora has her intricate little plans. The scouts carry out orders. And you, well, the Titan has big plans for you, and it would be such a hassle to find a replacement. So, right now, you can be useful by staying safe in the castle.

Hunter: If this is punishment for failing my last mission, I swear I can do better.

Belos: Goodnight, Hunter.

Belos closed the door on Hunter leaving the boy by himself. The way Belos was talking to him made it feel like he was letting him down. If this continues soon he would be no use for him anymore and he will throw him away like trash. Not wanting that, Hunter formed a plan.

???: Going to stand there all day?

Hunter looked over and saw Blaze leaning on the wall with his arms crossed.

Hunter: How much did you hear?

Blaze: The whole being useless part.

Hunter glared at the dragon slayer. Soon he turned around and started to walk away. Right now he doesn't have time to deal with him.

Blaze: *walks beside him* So what's your big plan of being useful?

Hunter: That is none of your business.