Facing True Fear (Chapter 18)

Darkness. There was nothing but darkness all around, far as the eye can see. That was until a familiar dragon boy was seen through it all.

Y/N: *looks around* Where am I?

Y/N tried looking around only to find nothing but darkness. As he continued to look he heard a sound.

Y/N: Fire?

He turned around and as soon as he did his eyes widened from both shock and fear.

Y/N: N-No.

Y/N saw a burning abandoned building that was 6 stories high. The fire was burning the building inside and out. Y/N body froze. He was unable to move and was having a hard time breathing, not due to the fire but due to the panic attack he was experiencing.

Y/N: No. No. No. No. Not this.

Y/N then hears screaming he turns over and sees a past version of himself, screaming in agony with fire surrounding him. The older Y/N was horrified by this, knowing what caused this event. He tries to step back from the memory, or with any luck run away from it.... But he ends up bumping into someone.

???: Your fault.

Y/N was hesitant. He didn't want to turn around, but he did anyway. As soon as he did he was meet with a emotionless Luke.

Y/N: L-Luke?

Luke: If I never saved you, if we never meet you...

Luke points his finger to the burning building. Y/N slowly turned around and was scared from what he saw. Tears started to fall from his eyes as he saw the first person he truly cared for, the person he truly loved.... Sally. She had a steel beam piercing her stomach, blood dripping from her mouth, and eyes that were lifeless.

Sally: *weakly* .....Y/........N. Bro.....ke......pro.....misee.

Y/N couldn't stop crying as he fell to his knees and let the tears fall. He held his mouth trying his best not to vomit. He then felt Luke kneel down beside him. He slowly looked at Luke and was horrified by what he saw. Half of Luke's face was the face of slayer and was smiling sinisterly at him. Suddenly everything shattered as Y/N fell into the darkness. Before it was over he heard them say one final sentence.

Luke/Slayer: None of this would have happened.

Y/N's eyes instantly open as he shoots, from his mat, up panting heavily of what he just experienced. He was in a cold sweat as he continued to pant. He looked around and saw that he was back in his room in the owl house. He continue to pant heavily until he heard whimpering. He looked over and saw baby dragon looking at him worried. He wipes the sweat off and picks up the scared baby dragon.

Y/N: H-Hey sorry boy. Did I scare you?

The baby dragon just nozzled his head onto Y/N's shoulder. Y/N smiled and looked over to see Luke still sleeping with Nights watching him. Y/N decided to lay back down. Unknown to him the half demon was still awake. He previously had the same nightmare Y/N had. He was still trying to get his heartbeat back to normal, but was struggling to do so. Nights looked at his father worried.

Luke: (Why? Why now?)

Y/N/Luke: (Why did I have to have that nightmare?)

Theme song

The portal gate opens, as the camera zooms in on it, Y/N, Luz, and Luke are seen in the sky. They slowly start to open their eyes as they realize they are falling. Both Y/N and Luz panic as Luke just looks down with a bored expression. Suddenly something zoomed past and caught the three friends. Both Y/N and Luz open their eyes, Luz behind Y/N holding on to him tight, while Y/N was holding on to the staff, as they were caught by Eda. Luke was at the bottom of the staff hanging on with just one hand. Eda smirked at the friends and flew to her house with her palisman staff.