Definition of a friend (chapter 9)

We are shown a scene, 2 years ago, where a little Luke is walking around the halls with his backpack on. Luke is wearing his same black wear and same deadpan attitude he has. He made it to his locker and started to do the combination. He opened the locker and was about to grab the things he needed for his next class, until he was cut off by a random blond girl and her group of friends, this was Heather.

Heather: Hiya Luke whatcha doing?

Luke: *sighs* getting ready for my next class.

Heather: *smirks and hums* A hard worker. I like that.

Girl #1: Yea men who work hard are so fascinating.

Girl #2: And great.

Girl #3: and successful

Heather: *glares at the group* shut it girls.

Girls: Yes Heather!

Luke: *sighs* The hell do you want with me Heather?

Heather: Well you see i'm throwing this super awesome party this weekend *rubs Luke's shoulders* and I wanted you to come join me.

Luke just gave Heather a bored expression and just took her hand off him.

Luke: Not interested.

Heather: *shocked* What why?!

Luke: Because I have better things to do than to hang out with you.

Heather: *angry* Like what!?

Luke was about to say something until two voices stopped him.

???: LUKE!!

Everyone turns their head and sees a young Luz and Y/N running up to him.

Luz: *in front of Luke excited* Guess what me and Y/N were planning to binge watch the whole Azura series!!

Y/N: Yea and we wanted to see if you wanted to join!!

Luke just gave his friends a blank look and was about to say something until Heather cut him off.

Heather: *scoffs* sorry freaks but Luke has more important things to do then to hang out with the both of you.

Y/N and Luz turned their heads and saw Heather and her group around Luke's locker.

Luz: *nervously waves her hand* H-Hey Heather how's it going?

Heather: Ugh it would have gone better if I didn't have to see your hideous face.

Girl #1: Yea who did your makeup for your mommy.

The girls started to laugh as Luz looked down in sadness as some tears were starting to form. Y/N notices this and stares at Heather with hate.

Y/N: Hey! *the group looks at Y/N* Unlike you she actually looks beautiful.

Luz looks up at Y/N, smiles and blushes at his compliment as Heather just glared daggers at Y/N.

Heather: Like a little freak like you would know anything about beauty. Maybe you should ask your mommy.

Girl: #2: But Heather he doesn't have one.

Girl #3: Not anymore.

Heather: *fake gasp* Oh right I forgot.

The group starts to laugh as Y/N starts to get really pissed off. He was this close to almost attacking Heather but was held back by Luz. Luz understood why he wanted to do that but she didn't want her friend to get expelled or worse. But that's when Luke decided he has had enough.