Language and confessions (Chapter 7)

After a few days have passed since the moonlight conjuring incident, our friends are now in the living room enjoying themselves. Luke was reading his favorite book "Loveless" , Y/n was sitting on the couch rubbing baby dragon on the back, and Luz was reading to King from her favorite book Azura.

Luz: "'Azura,' Hecate began. 'Our paths have crossed only in battle. But today I stand before you seeking an ally.' " [sighs]

Luke&King: Luz. you're getting all snoony again.

Luz: I can't help it. Azura is able to befriend everyone. Even her biggest rival. I wish I had that kind of power.

Y/N: [chuckles] Don't worry Luz I pretty sure you can befriend anyone.

Luz: [smiles] You really think so Y/n?

Y/n: Definitely.

Luz blushes from Y/n's complement and thinks to herself.

Luz: (Maybe if I could befriend my rival then I could tell you how I feel about you.)

King: Rivals are meant to be annihilated not befriended.

Luke: I'm a little half and half with King on this one.

Y/n: Of course you would.

Luke just shrugs and goes back into reading.

King: Anyway, keep reading. I've been sucked into your awful fandom.

Luke: (Like a lot of others.)

Luz: Okay. "Suddenly the door swung open."

Hooty: [Door swings open] Ding‐dong. Ding. Hoot! Hoot!

Y/n: [baby dragon flies on Y/n head scared] Whoa!

King: The book has come to life! Burn it!

Luke: [shakes his head] Idiots.

Both Y/n and Luz walk up to the door and look around to see no one there. Y/n looks down and sees a basket. Curious, he picks it up and takes it inside.

Y/n: Someone left this outside.

Luke: [looks up from his book] What is it?

Luz: [shrugs her shoulders] We don't know. Let's ask Eda.

The group starts making their way into the kitchen. Y/n places the basket on the table as everyone surrounds the basket. King was putting on a bib.

Y/n: Eda you got a package.

Luz: It looks like a gift basket.

Luke: Yea probably filled with poison or something.

Eda: Ha yea right! Probably an offering. Ah! Being the most powerful witch in the Boiling Isles has its perks.

Luke: Is being wanted and doing petty crimes one of them? [Gets hit in the head] Ow! [rubs his head]

King grabs the sheet and pulls it down to reveal... a sleeping baby. Ok?

Y/n: [points] Is that a baby?

King: [rubbing his paws together] Mm. Fresh meat.

Luz: [horrified and walks away] Nope not eating that!

Luke: This place just keeps getting stranger.

Eda: Witches eating babies is so 1693.

Luke: [shivers] There's an image in my head that will never get out.

Eda: What is this?

King: There's a note [grabs it] It says "Take care of my child till morning. Yi Yi."