Echo of the past (Chapter 25)

oFlashback

The scene opens up to an island. It was clear blue skies and trees all over. The camera eventually stops on a small little creature: Baby dragon. Though he was a lot smaller than usual. The little dragon starts to walk around the forest looking for something. The baby would let out little whimpers as it continued to walk. Suddenly baby dragon started to hear voices. Curious, the baby dragon walked over to where the voices were. It soon saw three figures as it hid in the bushes.

One of the figures walked away from the taller figures and kneel down. Baby dragon got scared and was about to run away, but the voice stopped him.

???: Hey it's ok. I won't hurt you.

The sound of one of the voices was that of a child. It was kind and gentle. The baby dragon slowly started walking out and looked up at the figure. Just as it was going, everything started to go white.

The scene opens up to baby dragon laying down beside Y/N. The baby opened his eyes and looked over and saw Y/N sleeping soundly. As the baby continued to stare at Y/N, he started to see him as another certain teenage boy. This caused the baby dragon to look down and sadness as it curled into a ball and hugged itself.

Baby dragon: *whimpers*

A tear started to fall from the baby dragon's eyes as it continued to hug himself. But unknown to the dragon a certain tear fell from Y/N's eyes as well.

Flashback

In an abandoned tent far from the isles. Inside the tent was broken glass, floors, and most of all dried up black blood all around. Not only that, a demon was laying down in the pool of blood. This demon was Ragnorak.

Ragnarok: *cough cough* A-Another day. *smiles weakly* I wonder.... how.... many times.... I've woken.... Up to my own..... Blood.

Ragnarok continues to lay on the ground as he stares at the ceiling of his tent. The reason he was like this was because he was beaten senseless by other witches and demons. This happened a lot for our young demon. The only thing he had for him is this little tent he built far away from the isle. For why he ever leaves that tent is a question he's been asking himself.

Ragnarok: *chuckles weakly* (I wonder..... Why do I continue to live?)

As Ragnarok slowly starts to close his eyes, he hears a low growl.

Ragnarok: *opens his eyes* Oh... Hi old friend...

Another growl was heard.

Ragnarok: *chuckles* Yea... I got beat up again....

Growl.

Ragnarok: R-Right.... I shouldn't.... Be laughing.

Over the course of Ragnarok's life, he started to hear a little growl whenever he got really depressed. At first he thought he was just hearing things, but soon it became something he could talk to. It took him a while to understand whatever was growling at him, but he eventually got the hang of it.

Ragnarok: But can.... Can you blame.... Me?

Growl.

Ragnarok: Right.... Complaining about it.... Won't help. *slowly starts to sit up as he holds his sides* But... What else do I do?

Growl.

Ragnarok: *chuckles* Very funny.

Growl!