Letter

Chapter 13

1 day after graduation

(Dream POV)

A ray of light finds it's way through the window blinds, choosing to attempt the crime of assaulting his eyes. Dream groaned, rolling over to the side to shade his oculi from the bright morning light. Graduation was the day before and in all honestly he wished he did go out to celebrate with his friends.

He felt a pounding in his head from the slight hangover, he was just glad that it was minor. As he lifted himself from his laying position he found a glass of water that sat on bedside table, a small green sticky note under, written in black ink

Good Morning duckling

Drink some water and have good breakfast I won't be home until midnight as Im taking up more hours, so it's up to you to make diner

P.S. there is a letter that arrived for
you, I left it in the island table in the kitchen.

-Love you :)

'A letter?', Dream smile as places the note aside and takes a big sip of water. As he stands up he stretches his back hearing a satisfying pop, Dream walks over to his closet pulling out a white T-shirt to go with his gray sweatpants.

He walked out into the kitchen looking over in the pantry to see they had to make. After looking around Dream decided to make pancakes for him and Tubbo, he pulls out the mix, some eggs and milk along with butter and started to make the batter.

***

Dream set down a plate stacked with pancakes, turning back to the stove to finish the others. A door, down the hall, can be heard creak open then quietly be pulled close, presumably after this person stepped out of the room. As Dream set down the last stack of pancakes, the small brunette walked into the kitchen rubbing eyes. "Morning" Tubbo greets drowsiness still in his voice.

Tubbo sits down at the island table taking a plate with pancakes that Dream passes to him. Dream takes a seat across from him and pours syrup on his pancakes before passing it over to Tubbo for his. " How did you sleep he asks taking his fork in hand, Tubbo pauses to swallow his food and looks up at the older "pretty good, I had this dream were I was in a field of flowers a there were all kinds of cool bugs and the were flying fish" a small smile appears on his lips as he remember bits of last night's dream.

Dream smiles as his brother continues to describe the bizarre dream. He finishes his plate but sit there as Tubbo finishes his, "So Astéri are we really going to find it?". Dream smiles "that's what I hope", "It will be cool if we do!" tubbo exclaims as Dream nods. A ping comes through and Dream's phone vibrates, he picks up the lime cased device to see a message sent by Niki.

-------------------------------------------

__🌺 NIKI 🌺__

Niki:
good morning
11:55

ME
Good morning

Niki:
Meet us at the Westin Mall
Bring Tubbo as well
11:55

ME
Um alright we'll be there
Give us a few

------------------------------------------------

Putting his phone down dream turned to Tubbo -washing his dish-, "hey go get ready were going to meet up with everyone at Westin", Tubbo nods turning off the faucet and makes his way back down the hall to his room.

Dream stood up but before he can do the same -go to his room- he remembers what puffy had said in her note, a letter had arrived for him but from who and why. He looked around the table before finally he see a small blue envelope he grabs it turning it over to see his name 'To Dream'. Carefully Dream tears open the envelope revealing a white slip of paper. It reads,

Dear Dream,

I hope this letter finds you in good health and filled with excited for adventure! I send this letter in the request that you seek help from a professional tracker, as I have worries of what you might find on the island. Trackers are hard to find so I took it upon myself to find one. I've written the address of where you might be able to find him on the back of the slip. bargain what you must. I also send this letter to inform you that the day after this reaches you the ship should be ready for  to board and set sail, Cruszo bay is were she docked, talk to Capitan Nivison. I ask that you watch over my son as well I worry for him. Be prepared I send my good wishes.

        -Mayor Eric L.

  Dream smiled he sincerely have to thank Eric for his abundance of kindness. He turned the paper over to reveal an address, ##### Hilton road, Westin NY  he was familiar with the city seeing as the Mall and other neat places to visit surrounded the area. He folded the slip back how it was before and he turned, walking to his room, there he quickly changes into jeans and a green T-shirt. After grabbing his keys he walk out to find Tubbo ready in the kitchen, "Ready?" He asks when he notices the older walk out. Dream nods and they make their way out to the car.

~895 words~
Slightly Shorter chapter than usual