I'm home

Three years later

Third person pov

Two figure approach the gates Konaha. They walk pass the guards without being questioned. These two are well known through out the village. They are none other that Naruko and Jiraya.

Naruko's pov

I'm so excited to be back home after so long. I haven't seen my best friend in over three years and I really missed the village.

I run through the streets and climb onto the tallest building I can find.

"Naruko Uzumaki is back, baby!"

I go to the house that Sasuke and I share. It's empty.

He must be on a mission with Kakashi and Sakura. Oh well. I climb into my old bed which is kinda small now and go to sleep.

Sasuke's pov

Three years she's been gone. Three years!

The worst part about her being gone is I don't know when she is coming back.

I'm on my way home I just got back from a mission with the team. Well almost the team. If Naruko isn't there it just doesn't feel like a team.

The house has been a lot quieter for the last three years. It's a lonely kind of quiet. A quiet that I know all to well. Sakura comes by and visits all the time and we talk. Mostly about Naruko and when we think she'll come back.

Everybody bet a different amount of time. I bet three years. So I need her to be back soon. Not just for the bet, but because I really miss her. I haven't seen her in so long.

I wonder how she's changed.

I unlock the door to the house and walk in. I go to my room and get a shower I let the warm water take away my stress and I just stand there. Drenching my hair. I shampoo my hair, and think about Naruko.

I really miss her.

I rinse the shampoo from my hair, get clean, and get out.

I grab a pair of jeans, a shirt and a fresh pair of boxers. Once I'm dressed my hair is still wet so I take a towel and walk to the living room.

I turn on the tv to The Big Bang Theory. The towel I had is just set on my head, air drying and towel drying at the same time.

A few hours later

Naruko's pov

I wake up from my nice little nap feeling well rested and a bit grimy, so I take a shower(Sasuke doesn't hear it because of the tv).

I get clean and put my hair in the two ponytails I always wear, and get dressed.

I walk out of my room and to the living room. The first thing I see is black hair shaped like a duck butt. He doesn't know I'm here because the chair is positioned with the back facing me. I get as close to his ear as I can without him noticing that I'm there.

"Did you miss me, teme?"

He jumped out of the chair at the sound of my voice in his ear. He looks at me with a confused look as if he was trying to process who I am. I guess it finally clicked in his brain who I was.

"Naruko?"

"The one and only."

As I stand here looking at him I notice has gotten taller and his hair has gotten longer. His features just seemed....older, but his eyes remained the same.

They were still the eyes I knew and loved.

He walks around the chair examining me. The next thing I know is he's tackled me in a hug.

I catch myself from falling and hug him back.

"I missed you so much, Naruko."

"I missed you too, Sasuke."

I wish I didn't have to let go of the hug, but he loosens his grip and the hug is over.

"So how was training?"

"Well it was-"

My stomach growls interrupting my sentence.

Sasuke chuckles at me.

"Come on let's get you something to eat."

After dinner

We go to the living room and just talk. We talk about what has happened to us since I left.

By the time we were done talking it was two in the morning.

"*yawn* well Naruko. I think I'm going to hit the hay. I'll see you in the morning."

"Wait!"

"What?"

"Where am I supposed to sleep. My bed is to small."

He thinks for a second.

"We could share my bed. It's king sized. We could each have our own sides. And besides we've shared a bed before."

We only shared a bed because I saw like five roaches in my room and I refused to go into my room for three days and four nights.

"Alright, but only until I get a new bed. Just let me change clothes."

I change into the pajamas I had in my bag. I need some new clothes. I'll invite Sakura on a shopping day.

When I walk into Sasuke's room I see a huge bed, a new dresser, and new curtains. I go to the side opposite of sasuke and lay down. This bed is so comfy and soft. My eyelids grow and I find myself in dream land but I think one thing.

I'm glad that I'm home.