Going home

That is what Naruko's outfit looks like minus the ears and tail. Any way enjoy the chapter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naruko's pov

It's been about a week since I woke up. The doctor told me I was very lucky to be alive. Most people would have been dead by the time they reached the village.

Sasuke has not left the hospital even once since I first arrived. Sakura visits me everyday telling me all about her and Sai. They make a very interesting couple.

The nurse came in to check my vitals like she does every day at least twice a day.

"Well miss Uzumaki it looks like you will be able to go home today. We just have you have your release approved and signed."

Sasuke, who had been asleep in the bed next to me, woke up.

"What's going on?"

"I get to go home today!"

"Finally. I miss my own bed. The chair hurts my back and this bed isn't made for two."

"I miss it too."

My and Sasuke have been sharing the bed at night. The bed is comfortable and the room stays freezing cold. I asked the nurse to turn up the heat one time and she told me the cold kills the gems.

What germs? They sanitize everything like every six hours.

The nurse came back with my release form.

"Alright mr Uchiha. I just need your signature here to verify that you are the one checking her out."

He signed the papers and I couldn't help but notice the he had very pretty handwriting. Heck it was nicer than mine. And I'm a girl. I held in my my small laugh, so the nurse wouldn't think I was crazy, and try to keep me longer to examine my brain.

"You are free to go miss Uzumaki."

She smiled at me and walked out the room.

Sasuke went to the closet to grab the bags and clothes that Sakura brought for us.

"You have cute handwriting, you know?"

I think I caught him off guard because he pauses for a second before turning to look at me.

"What?"

"You have cute handwriting."

I say this like it's the most normal sentence in the world. He raises his eyebrow at me before handing me my bag to put my clothes in.

"Thank....you...I guess."

"No prob, babe."

"Babe? Are you feeling okay, Naruko? Do I need to get the nurse?"

Ugh he can be frustrating sometimes.

"I was trying to sound like a girlfriend but you ruined it, teme."

And the nickname returns.

"Oh well sorry. You ready to go yet?"

"Yea just step out so I can change clothes really fast."

He walks out the door with his bag in hand and closes the door.

I walk out of the room and see Sasuke leaning against the wall with one of his feet on the wall, looking at the ground.

"You ready to go or what?"

He looks up at me and sees the outfit I'm wearing isn't my usual outfit."

"When did you get that?"

"The shopping Sakura took me on when I got back. I have a lot of outfits that don't seem my style. Does it look weird on me?"

"N-no. I think you look beautiful. I was just expecting the usual outfit and your hair in ponytails that's all."

I give him a smile, and he blushes a little bit. 

"Come on, dobe let's go home."

He takes my bag from my hand and starts walking down the hallway. He stops and looks back at me with a soft smile on his face.

"You coming dobe? I don't have all day."

"Coming."

I had to run to catch up to him. We start our walk home and along the way people see me walking and they wave hello.

When we get home the first thing I do is go to Sasuke's room and fall on his bed.

"You really did miss my bed didn't you dobe?"

"Oh shut up. It's so big and comfy and warm and soft. It's like sleeping on a warm cloud."

"That's why I bought it."

He lays down next to me an just looks at the ceiling before closing his eyes. I roll on my side so I can look at him properly with my head on his arm.

After a few minutes of silence he opens his eyes and turns his head to look at me.

"You know I never properly asked you to be my girlfriend. So Naruko Uzumaki will you be my girlfriend?"

"I would love to. Sasuke Uchiha."

He gave me a gentle kiss on the lips before looming at the ceiling again. I move closer to him and he tightens his arm around me. My eyelids grow heavy and I hear Sasuke chuckle at me.

"You really are beautiful."

I smile softly at him and drift off into sleep