- Chapter Eight -

"You kissed?" Lizzie asks while painting her toenails

"I mean, yeah we did. But that's all," I quickly explain before they got any ideas.

"Was he a good kisser?" Okay, this was not about to turn into an interrogation. "Guys, we kissed that's it," I quickly take a sip of my wine before I said something I'd regret. "So are guys just friends?" Of course, Em would know something about being friends with someone you've kissed.

We all moved into our apartment back in early August because classes were obviously meant to start in late August, however, because of the delay in finishing off the dorm rooms and refurbishing the classrooms, we moved online until December. I mean it was fun, all of sitting around the coffee table on zoom calls. We obviously got to know the campus and meet the other people in our classes. Let's just say Emilia met a certain somebody and became 'friends' real quick.

"Yes, we are just friends," which is true. I couldn't afford distractions at the moment, from trying to get a history degree and a teacher's degree while also working at my mom's bakery three times a week, It's a lot of pressure. My mom never pressured me into working with her at the bakery but four years ago she was struggling when it came to paying her employees, and still making enough profit for her to support us.

"Ele, your phones ringing." Liv points out, that my phone is currently charging in the kitchen so I wouldn't have heard it because I was sat furthest away from the kitchen, despite it being open plan. I get up to receive my phone when I notice the number.

INCOMING CALL - ROMA CARTER

Lizzie whispers from across the room, "who is it?" I can't ignore him forever. I answer the phone call before it could go to voicemail.

"Hey," I can't hear any music in the background so I'm assuming he must be someone private.

"Hey, baby," Roma speaks in the sexiest voice I've ever heard. "What do you want?"

"Just you know, missed my friend today," I look over towards the girls hoping they didn't just hear what he said. They are watching, however. "You saw me three days ago and we spoke on the phone two days ago." Technically I should have called him yesterday, but I was too busy working at the bakery and when I got home me and Lizzie watched the first two episodes of 'Outer Banks'. "You never called me yesterday," he states, "you never called me." I hear him sigh on the other end before it goes silent and I just assumed he's ended the call.

"Can I come over?" I blink.

Roma Carter is asking to come over.

"What's happening?" Olivia whisper shouts from the couch. I shrug— because I may be the one on the call, however, I don't have a clue what's happening right now. "Ele?" I realize I didn't actually answer him. "Yeah?" I ask hoping he'll forget about it. He doesn't, "can I come over?" He requests, his voice so full of hope.