Nineteen Years Later

I returned to Hogwarts with Hermione to finish our seventh year, although many of our classmates gone and moved on. It felt empty without Harry, Ron and Draco. No bickering, no detentions, even Halloween was normal for once. Shortly after graduation, I went through the tough and intensive Auror training and successfully became an Auror, much to the delight of my family and Draco even. 

My parents had finally come to terms with my relationship with Draco shortly after the Battle of Hogwarts, granting him visit me at the Whitewing Manor. Coming home to an awkward Draco standing in our Floo network fireplace facing my parents was always quite a hilarious and amusing thing to see.

Draco's parents one the other hand...Narcissa didn't like me, but she had learned accepted me. "At least she's pureblood and a sacred 28 I suppose," I had heard her once say. Draco insisted that I was allowed to visit him at the Malfoy Manor, although it took a couple times to get over the bad memories I had of that place. Lucius was more reluctant and definitely still harbored hatred towards me. Luckily, Draco promised that once I officially moved into the Malfoy Manor and called it home, his parents would be moving out to a smaller family owned property.

Our parents didn't become any closer, but their nods of acknowledgment was enough for us. My friends and Draco weren't anymore close than they were since Hogwarts either, but at least they tolerated each other now. After all, we had all grown up and matured over the past seven years.

~~~

"Scoripus, look, my dad gave us all these coins for the snack cart!" Albus exclaimed, running up to us.

Scorpius looked from the sack of coins in Albus Potter's hand and then at me. I chuckled and gave him a nod. "As long as you guys don't get sick eating all that sugar."

Ah yes. They were best friends since they were born. Always pulling crazy shenanigans during our meetups or dinner parties. I expected many detentions their first year, they definitely would not be able to help it,

"Pfft, by the time the snack cart comes along, there'll be nothing left, not if I can help it," a platinum blonde haired girl teased, her curly hair pulled into a high ponytail. Her crystal blue eyes twinkled as she smacked her brother on the head with a magazine. Besides her stood her identical twin, the only thing different about them was their eyes, and their robe colors.

'Spitting imagines of you, Cress!' Everyone had gushed as my girls grew up over the years.

"Lyra, leave your brother alone!" I scolded softly.

"Only if he passes the entrance exam," my Slytherin daughter hinted. Her sister Vega's gentle grey eyes shone with amusement as she grinned.

She's the next Gryffindor Princess! Following in her mother's footsteps! Headmistress McGonagall had informed me when we exchanged letters after the sorting ceremony when Vega had been sorted into Gryffindor.

"Entrance exam?" Scorpius asked, alarmed.

"Lyra's just trying to scare you, Scorps. All the more reason to come join me in Gryffindor," Vega persuaded, putting her arm around Scorpius's shoulder.

The twins were as different as could be. Unlike Lyra whose house with Slytherin, Vega had been sorted into Gryffindor. Unlike Lyra'a spontaneous energy, Vega balanced out her sister with her calming presence. Unlike Lyra who'd attend a social gathering over studying, Vega would rather settle for a night at the library. Sometimes I'd wondered if they'd been sorted into the wrong houses. That didn't change the fact that they were inseparable and always picking on their brother who was five years younger.

"You might never hear the end of it from Lyra though if you chose Gryffindor," Draco advised jokingly when Scorpius looked at his dad for help.

Luckily for him, Vega was no longer awaiting an answer from her brother as her boyfriend, Neville Longbottom's son, called over to her. She was joined by James Sirius Potter, Ted Lupin and Victorie Weasley. Lyra rolled her eyes playfully at her sister, who'd leaned over to peck her boyfriend on the lips, and then skipped off with her own Slytherin friends too.

"Good luck on your O.W.L.S!" I cried after them, earning a thumbs up from both as they disappeared into their respective carriages.

"As for you, we'll be proud of you whichever house you end up in!" I reassured Scorpius, kneeling down to fix his robe. 

Scorpius resembled Draco in many ways that reminded me of Draco back in our first few years at Hogwarts. As much as Lucius disliked me, even he couldn't refrain himself from dotting on Scorpius ever since he was born. 

"That's right, my little Scorpion King. Go show them who's the greatest," Draco patted him on the back. Scorpius nodded and hurried onto the last carriage where Albus and Rose had saved him a seat. 

As the train took off, I leaned my head on Draco's shoulder. "I'm sure he'll be fine. What is meant to be will always find its way."

"Just like our destiny," Draco added, his arm snaked around my back to pull me closer. 

Yes, just like our destiny. In the end, we had proved fate wrong. Years and years had gone by without trouble since the Battle of Hogwarts.

All was well.