CHAPTER 13: My Hero [✔]

NOW I’m starting to get pissed by the fact that Nathan is still not going to school. I haven’t seen his face for a while but thankfully, Becca is here to fill in the emptiness that Nathan is causing to my system right now.

“You know what, I really love Physical Education. How about you, Natalia?” Becca randomly asked.

          I sighed, remembering that we need to get our school uniforms for P.E. later on. I was traumatized by going in that same locker area because that is where bad things happened to me. But Becca assured me that she’s going to come with me later on to get her uniform as well to avoid anything that could happen to me because of Tyler’s never ending revenge.

“Come on, cheer up, girl. I love volleyball.”

“And I hate sports.”

“Don’t worry. That’s why I’m here. I’ll get the ball before it hits your face.”

         We laughed in unison, thinking the same thing, or maybe my face if ever that thing happens later on.

“Fine, fine. I’ll try to be glad.”

“Well that’s the spirit! We will fight Freeda’s team, by the way.”

“What?!” I asked, shocked.

“Uhm... You know, Freeda is the team captain of opposite section.”

“Oh no...” I mumbled. “I really suck at sports...”

         She chuckled, ignoring my self depriving statement.

“Everyone thinks the same thing about themselves, Natalia. Come on now, let’s change our clothes. Our coach will be mad at us if we got late in his class.”

“Sure.”

        We walked towards the comfort room before changing our clothes. After we finished fixing up ourselves, Becca and I went to the gym where our classes will be temporary held due to the fact that our lesson needs a court.

          As Becca talk to our coach, I was left there all alone while staring at the other part of the gym. Tyler is on the basketball court, playing seriously with his friends. He glanced at me, but I avoided his eyes. I’m still mad at him for what he did to me at the locker room last time.

“Natalia! We are on!”

           I came back to my senses right after hearing Becca’s voice. Our coach blow his whistle, before the whole team line up in the court.

“Today, we will play volleyball versus the other section. We have here Becca Valle as your team captain and Freeda Samson for the opposing team. Are you ready, girls?”

           Freeda’s team cheered her up, but Becca didn’t even looked scared. Unfortunately, she chose me as a part of her first six members. I felt nervous, facing Freeda, Lia, and Elyzz on the other side of the court.

“You can do this, Natalia. I believe in you!” Becca winked at me, causing me to straightened up and focus on the game.

         The game started, and Becca is really killing it. Even without the help of her teammates, we are shining on against Freeda’s team. They looked very pissed, and I wanted to laughed and scream out of joy every time that Becca will do her so called power spike.

           Suddenly, the ball came into my direction. I instantly panicked, kicking it away using my hands. It landed on the basketball court, causing disturbance to Tyler’s game.

“What the heck?!” he hissed.

“S-Sorry...” I mumbled. I saw how Freeda glared at me.

          The game temporarily stopped, but after a few minutes, our coach apologized to the other side of the gym before continuing the game.