CHAPTER 14: Your Friends? [✔]

AFTER a hundred billion years, Nathan finally decided to show up in school, making my heart jumped in excitement as well as happiness. I badly wanted to tell him everything that happened to me these past few days. And also, I wanted him to meet the new friends I found, Becca and Scott.

         Well, Becca often told me that we are friends now, so I guess it was official. And she often hang out with me as well so that’s it. Second, for Scott. He didn’t say anything that may lead me into this conclusion, but yeah, I think we are now friends right after he helped me from that “accident” that Tyler did the other day.

“I missed you so much, Nat!” Nathan stated, pinching my cheeks tightly.

“Stop it! It hurts, you idiot!” I got my revenge by doing the same thing to his cheeks.

         Now we are both walking down the hallway like we put on some blush on to our face right after what we did. Thankfully, I’m a girl so I guess there’s nothing wrong with it... But with Nathan, I badly wanted to laugh at his face.

“Stop laughing if you don’t want your cheeks to suffer again,” he threatened.

           I laughed at his statement, but before I could say another word, someone pulled my arm before I heard her high pitched energetic voice.

“Natalia! I have something to tell you! The Cafeteria decided to removed the spoiled chicken soup on their menu!” Becca stated, clapping her hands out of joy.

          I did the same, for I’ve been wishing for this day to come. No more awful smell coming from the steaming casserole of the contaminated chicken soup.

“That’s so great to hear! We can finally eat at our Cafeteria without covering our nose!” I stated.

         As time passes by, I already got the hang of Becca’s attitude and I finally be able to became more comfortable around her. We are both jumping up and down when I remember that Nathan is still here, just by my side.

“Hey, Nat...” he nudged me.

“Oh! I forgot to tell you about Becca...”

“Who’s that? Is that Nathan?” Becca asked curiously.

“Yup, my bestfriend. Nathan, this is Becca. She’s super nice and she’s helping me a lot  for more than a week now...” I explained.

“Yeah, we are very much like besties... You know, a girl needs a girl sometimes, so yeah...”

        Becca smiled at me and I did the same. Nathan is looking so confused with his brows furrowed, still unbelievable to the fact that I’ve made a friend at school... Or should I change it to a plural form after including Scott? Well, maybe later.

“Come, we are going to be late soon...”

         Becca tugged me along and Nathan followed our footsteps.

“Wait, you have the same classes together?” he asked, sounding jealous.

“Yeah, we have the same exact classes at our first period,” I stated.

“Well... That was unfair.”

         Nathan pouted, and Becca and I just laughed at him. We made our way towards our respective classroom, and Nathan has been separated to us since he got a different schedule.

“So that is your bestfriend, huh?” Becca asked, looking excited.

“Yeah,” was my short reply.

“He’s cute... And super nice. I can’t believe that I finally got the chance to talk to him.”

         I chucked to myself. Becca sounds like she’s pretty much attracted to my bestfriend, but I decided to keep that thought to myself for now. I don’t want to tease her for it can lead Nathan and her to have an awkward encounter later on. I’ll just observe from afar for now and ask them later if ever that I notice something weird again.