Chapter 33

Lily half thought about waking up Alexie and telling him everything that was happening and yet as she looked towards the student housing complex, she couldn't do it. There was just no way in hell she was going to put her brother in danger and there was also no way in hell she was going to leave her sister in the hands of those monsters.

Now out of the shield, she could see that the campus had gone pitch black. There were no students in sight. They must have been forced off campus, but how had they all managed to not see the shield? Or get to their cars for that matter without stepping into it?

Lily turned, facing the shield, "No way," she gasped.

The shield was gone. It was as if it had never been there. Impossible. She had only taken a few steps away from it. She ran towards the empty parking lot expecting to be thrust back into the shield, but nothing had happened. 

"Dammit!" She cursed. "Dammit!"

Lily moved back to the sidewalk. "Please let this work." She muttered before trying her best to retrace the steps from which she had come from. "Yes!" 

There on the ground was exactly what she was looking for— her way back in.

        "I need to be prepared first." Lily ran away from the shield once more and headed towards her complex.

She snuck in quietly and worked fast. Thankfully, Alexie had been asleep and hadn't heard her as she snuck back out with a bag full of weapons.

Within minutes, Lily was standing back in the spot she knew the shield was. 

She moved the bush slightly, remembering this as the spot where that green-eyed man had let her out through. Who was he? And why had he saved her anyways?

There, just as she had planned, her footprint was marked on the mud, but only the front half of it. The backside of her shoe mark was hidden behind the shield. "Then it has to be here." She bent down as the green-eyed man had and searched the ground until she felt the cold sharp object by her hand. "Yes!"

Lily looked down to see it was the front half of that man's sword. It was still keeping the shield open.

        "Time to go." She very carefully grabbed the tip of the blade. "God," She whispered, suddenly realizing that the man she prayed to might in fact be very real. "Please help us."

𓆰𓆪

        "Amra, Amra, p-p-weese, help!" A little girl cried.

Amra found herself in a worn down looking room, a small gray-eyed girl with short, dark brown hair clutching her arm tightly, shivering with fear.

 "Lily?" Amra asked, confused. She couldn't remember what had happened before knocking out, her mind was still hazy, jumbled.

        "He's coming." Lily cried out, just as the sound of heavy footsteps echoed from the stairs.

Amra held her little sister close, caressing her face, wiping the tears away. "I will protect you. I promise! Now please, hide under the be—"

        "No, Amra! He's coming!" Lily cried out, her chubby cheeks growing red.

        "I, I know!" Amra needed to hide her sister before her father came up the stairs. "You need to hide! Please."

        "Amra, please, I need your help! P-pweese, please, WAKE UP!"

WAKE UP! WAKE UP!

Lily's voice resonated over and over and the scene before Amra suddenly turned dark.

WAKE UP!