Chapter 39

In the morning of the next day, Taehyung came downstairs with an emotionless face. His little baby was in his hands, who was very active and energetic, unlike his mommy. Jihu's condition was much better now compared to the last few days.

"Jihye.."  Taehyung called the maid with his soothingly gentle voice after entering into the kitchen. Surprisingly, there was no clue of sadness in his voice!

The maid, who was cleaning the kitchen utensils, shot her head up at the usual honey like voice that she missed so much in the past two days.

"Y-Young master!"  Jihye went towards him with quick steps. It was the first time that the pretty male came downstairs after Mr and Mrs Jungs' arrival.

At first, the maid caressed the pretty male's upper arm without asking about anything . "Young master.." She gently called him and looked at his eyes. She knew that the pretty male must be utterly sensitive at this moment. So she decided talk to him ever so softly.

"Jihye, where's Jungkook?" Taehyung questioned with a smile in the most normal way, after silently watching his maid's affectionate eyes for a while.

The other's tone left the maid dumbfounded.

Jihye thought that the pretty male would be heartbroken right now. Because of that, she had even practiced in her mind about how she would talk with Taehyung, many times.

She thought that Taehyung would has many things to talk with her to release the pain in his mind. The past few days were very hectic. A lot has happened. Jihu got hospitalised.. Changwoo appeared again after a long time.. and... Dowon's parents arrived..

It was not a secret to Jihye that her young master was suffering. She knew that the pretty male wanted to seek comfort from someone. That's how it always was. Even in the day that Dowon took Jihu with him. Taehyung was very shaken up in that day and made Jihye stay with him to comfort him all night. This is also a situation like that. That's why she decided have a talk with him at the moment she set her eyes on him.

But to her surprise, the pretty male is asking for Jungkook as if he's asking 'isn't this a lovely day!'.  What is this sudden change!  Taehyung has a delicate fragile heart. This careless and emotionless behaviour is not what Taehyung actually is. She was very sure of it.

The pretty male was smiling like nothing happened!

But the maid didn't question it. She quickly adjusted herself and replied in the same demeanour.

"He's over there..." The maid pointed towards somewhere at the garden and returned the fake smile that the pretty male offered her.

Taehyung nodded his head and asked Jihye to hold his son for a little while before leaving the kitchen.

"He's trying to act strong.."  Jihye mumbled sadly with a heavy sigh after Taehyung has left.

"He will close himself off again if things wouldn't change.."  The maid said in her mind, remembering how Taehyung was in the first few months of coming back home after leaving Dowon.

-- -- -- -- --

"Jungkook.."  Taehyung's calm voice addressed the other who was looking at the space while being in deep thoughts.

Jungkook was sitting on a bench of the garden. He has been sitting there for hours. His mind was unfocused and he couldn't concentrate on anything. The fear of losing Taehyung was the only thing that ghosted around him.