Chapter 49

In the day after his birthday, Jungkook got ready to go home. He came into the kitchen while fixing his hair from his hand, wanting to inform Jihye that he is going home.

"Are you going home today?"  Jihye asked at the moment that she saw Jungkook, even before he voiced it out.

"Yes Jihye.." Jungkook replied to her with a smile.

"Hm..." The maid hummed and looked at him with an unknown expression.
Jungkook just smiled with her again.

"Is there something happening in your home?" She questioned.

" My home? Why?" Jungkook asked with a little hidden  surprise. Actually, his uncle is going to arrange a birthday party for him. Lee does it every year on his birthday, but since Jungkook couldn't go home yesterday, Lee said that he is going to arrange the party today.

"No.. I just guessed because.. yesterday young master had a wrapped up box in his bag. Obviously, I think it's a gift. So.. he took it with him when you guys went to the park. And.. now you're going home even though it's not your usual day off. At the first moment that  I saw that you're wearing your normal clothes, ready to go home, I felt like there must be   something happening at your home and.. I felt like young master went there yesterday after going to the park too? With that gift? "  Jijye tried to match the pieces of the puzzle.

"No no Jihye.." Jungkook laughed, thinking how far Jihye has imaginated things. "Young master didn't go anywhere other than the park.." He then said.

"Really? Then for whom he gave that present?"  Jihye asked, making her eyes sharp.

"Um.." Jungkook opened his mouth and closed it again without telling anything, trying to find some excuse.

"Oh.. come on Jungkook..! It's not like I'm going to tell anyone unless if it's something that hurts young master or his baby..!" The maid said wanting to know what is going on.

"It's not something big Jihye.. Yesterday was.. um.. my b-birthday.." Jungkook began in a normal tone, but with time his voice got lower as if it was just a whisper, doubting that Jihye will think something bad.

"Ooo..." The maid let out a somewhat exaggerated sound when she heard what the other has said.

Jungkook thought that she would ask more questions but surprisingly, she didn't ask any.

"Madam and Sir are not home. Go to upstairs and tell him before you go!" 
That was the next thing she said.

Jungkook took a look at her eyes and blushed because he felt a bit embarrassed. He quickly turned away from the maid and walked away from her with a shy smile.  Jihye is too much!

-- -- -- -- --

Taehyung's bedroom door was open when Jungkook went there. But still, he called the other's name first to inform his arrival without stepping into the room.

"Going home..?" Taehyung asked while dragging his words after saying the other to come in.

"Yes young master.. Since I always have spent my birthdays with my uncle.. I thought to go home to him today.." Jungkook said softly and smiled.

"I'm sorry Jungkook.. you couldn't go home yesterday because of me!" Taehyung apologised with a sad face.

"Please young master.. No need to apologise. Yesterday was the most memorable birthday ever.."  Jungkook said, making the other smile while taking a large gulp of breath in.