Chapter 22

The tables were quickly filling with people and I was rushing place from place trying to catch their orders being thrown at me. I now worked in a nice diner getting minimum wage. The gang was quickly disposed of by other gangs. I got out while I could because no one knew of me being the leader. The second in charge was know as the leader for fear of me being targeted. It worked out well for me because I now was free of them. I couldn't go back to my normal life though. I went there first but, they were happy without me. A preppy blonde woman already replacing me. My lovely Mallory already grown a foot. How could she ever forgive me for my lie. For my entire fake funeral. For her growing up knowing me as a hero. What would she think to find me here like a coward. They are happy. And that's all that mattered to me. At least that's what I thought.. Until, the bell over the front door rang capturing my attention and I looked to greet our new customer to realize I spoke to soon and my natural red hair that found it way back and freckled face was never going to be able to lie like it had once before. Not only did i have to face my ex-lover but the woman that drove me to this distance with a bump on her stomach giving me all the explanation I needed to play it off like I didn't know him. I walked up to the table they were seated and asked something I never knew would cause my life to spiral back down.. "Can I take your order?" His face rose from the menu in a fast pace capturing my eyes and held them. Looking like he had seen a ghost almost his smile swiped from his face. The woman across the table quickly forgotten and it almost felt like the first time we met. All over again.

***FLASHBACK***

"Can I take your order?" 15 year old Kate asked Asher and his date of the night. She looked like a snobby blonde with her dress barley covering her legs and boobs poking out the top. Asher smirked at her already reading Kate's distrusted face. She felt he did this to torture her. She despised fake people. Just gross. They ordered and she was glad to get away as quick as possible. She later brought the girl her salad and him his hamburger trying to hold her fake smile. He laughed as if he could see right through it. "Why do you keep looking at her like that!" The fake squeaked out to Asher. He looked at her asking, "why not? She's beautiful." This shocked me and the blonde bimbo. "Look at her! She's a complete nerd! How could you even think that?" The fake said not knowing what she was getting into. "Look here Ya blonde Barbie. You know what babies are? Plastic! And that's exactly you. I like to stay original and I don't see a problem with that!" I said in a deathly tone letting her know I was serious. "Listen here you-" bimbo was cut off by Asher, "I think you should leave Chloe." The blonde paused taken aback. "Why babe?" His nose wrinkled at the name she gave him and repeated himself again. She stared long and hard expecting him to change his mind, but he didn't and she got up leaving with her last words as, " good luck with the red headed nerd. Call me when you get home and realize your mistake." I laughed at that and she did that hair flip then left. Asher burst out laughing beside me. "Thanks." I said. "For calling me beautiful." He just stared at me looking for something but not finding it. "Sit with me, please?" He asked. And how could I refuse. That night he told me about his crush on me, and him trying to make me jealous by inviting girls to eat with him at my workplace. We laughed at each other and somehow grew feelings.
**END OF FLASHBACK**

"Can I get a sweet tea please?" The blonde said catching me off guard by taking me out of my thoughts. "Of course," i said, "and you, sir?" He too was taken from his thoughts by me and flashed me a smile. "I'll take a tea as well. And it's good to see you again Mrs. Kate." I paused for a second realizing he said 'Mrs'. "Actually, my names Anna." And with that i walked away.

*****COMMENT AND VOTE!****