Chapter 24

Kate's POV:
~~~~

I haven't been here in awhile. The walls were all different colors and the designs on the walls made everything look much more classy.

I'm standing inside Asher's office waiting patiently for Asher's assistant to look my way and notice I'm in front of her desk. Shes been on the phone for what feels like an hour just talking about a dinner reservation. It seems to me like its important because shes telling the person specific flower choices to arrange on the table and that the restaurant needs to have specific wine choices.

Once she got off the phone telling the person she would call back later to.make sure everything is correct, she looked up at me. I of course was still wearing a plain black shirt dark blue skinny jeans with converse. I was wearing an apron too but I took that off. I most likely look very average.and not meant to be in an office of such high standards. In my defense, I called Asher as I was leaving work and he told me come here because its to 'important' to discuss over the phone. So here I am, at some new secretary's desk in MY building.

"Can I help you?" She asked giving me that fake smile everyone can see through. She knows it too.

"Yes. I need to see Asher and I haven't a clue on where to find him." I stated with my smile just as fake as her own.

Her face turned into disgust. "I'm sorry ma'am,.but do you have a meeting with him of some sort?" She asked. Well, how do I tell her that I'm his late fiancé just trying to tell him that I was not actually killed and did everything I.could to.protect them? "No." Left my lips before I.could think of.an excuse to see him. He did call me here so why am I.trying so hard to get to see him. He should have made this easier for me.

"Well then, I'm afraid you can't see him. He is a man of fine work and isn't to be bothered with some charity work." The lady said and went back to her computer screen ignoring me. Did she just call me charity? Or am I taking this wrong? I'm a female. I have a right to take that wrong.

"Listen" I looked at her name plate and seethed "Ivory." In a deathly whisper that seemed to get her attention. "Either you tell me where Asher's office is, or i'll personally make sure your life is a living hell and show you what its like to be in need of charity."

"Listen sweetie, Asher's not-" she was cut off by.none other then Asher himself. "That'll be all Ivory. Please know your manners when speaking to my wife." That seemed to shut her up and look at me gobsmacked.

Wait. Did he just call me his wife? Asher gestured me into the door behind him. That must be his office. I walked in giving one last smirk at Ivory who seems to be covered in jealousy. Once inside, I realized it was designed a lot like my office had been when I worked here. My pictures were even on his desk. I decided to seat myself in the chair behind his desk because I've grown accustomed to authority since the gang. His eyebrow popped.up with a smirk at my seating choice. "You know I will just sit on you, right?" He asked with humor in his voice.

"I'm pretty sure you will crush me if you did, and we wouldn't want that." I teased him. "Are you calling me fat?" He asked putting one hand over his heart as if I shattered it.

"Oh come on big boy, who doesn't like a little meat?"

"You mean muscle?" He asked raising his bicep up and showing off. It was the same as before I left. I missed his tight muscles wrapped around me. Keeping me safe. I stared at his flexed bicep a little longer and answered, "That needs a little work."

"Oh really?" Before i could respond he was already in front of me tickling me to death. "Sto-stop! Asher! I-im im im going to pee!" I screamed between fits of giggles. He stopped tickling me and quirked an eyebrow, "Well that's attractive." He wiggled his eyebrows seductively and i pushed his chest back laughing. What a goofball.

We were both laughing at each other. Him leaning on his desk in front of me while i sat in his chair. Suddenly the laughing stopped and he stared directly at me. All playfulness gone and you could feel the tension in the room.

"I missed your red hair, Kate." He said cupping my cheek and combing his fingers through my hair like he had done a million times before. He is so beautiful. I can't help but admire him. How did i ever catch a guy like him?

My thoughts were cut off when he slammed his lips down on mine hungrily. Instead of pulling away and doing the right thing, i kissed back just as hungrily. Yes. I, Katherine Parks, am kissing a married man.

~~~

<<< Hey guys. So this was a teasing chapter. I hoped you all liked it! COMMENT AND VOTE>>>