Chapter 16

Mallory and I were enjoying our meal when I excused my self for a restroom break. Of course she didn't want to go because she was scarfing down her three plates of food. Don't get it wrong, Mallory is not fat. She actually has a nice 4-pack and her arms are very toned. I believe it's because her being so athletic. Her body doesn't make her any less cute though.

I was in the bathroom washing my hands when suddenly a lady walked in behind me. Her eyes held panic and I couldn't help but to worry for this stranger. "Are you o-" I was cut off by her whisper, "You shouldn't have left the house, when your mother is looking for you."

I was confused. Beyond confused. What is wrong with leaving the house? I didn't have time to ask before she turned and left the bathroom. What is she talking about? I looked back towards the mirror to make sure I didn't look panicky. I don't want Mallory to be worried. What did my mother have to do with anything? She disowned me. That's all that matters. Why cant she just leave me alone?

Once I was back at the table with Mallory we quickly finished eating. Once done we payed and walked out the door. I was just about to call the limo driver when a similar limo pulled up. The driver got out and opened the door. I looked at him skeptically. "Um.. Where's Benjamin?" I asked. "Oh. Don't worry ma'am. He just took his break."

Break? Since when do they take breaks when their on duty? "So who are you?" The question seemed reasonable but instead of expanding on who he actually was, he just gave his name as 'Will'. I just nodded not really caring anymore and got in the car. Once in the car, Will spoke again, "Asher called me to pick you up. He is not very happy. I'm taking you to him now." Of course he would find out. I just nodded my head in a simple response that he saw in the review mirror.
----

I was looking around the backseat for my purse or phone, but found neither. I wanted to call Asher and try to calm him down before I get there. I suddenly started to feel very light headed. I knew something was wrong. I know for a fact I had my purse and phone with me. Where did it go?

"Don't worry about your phone and purse, miss. It's up here with me" Will stated. Instead of it trying to be a reassuring sentence, it made me worry. Why were they up there with him? Something was up and I was afraid. Mallory was with me though and I don't want to worry her so I stayed quiet and looked at the window watching trees go by. What? Trees? We aren't in the city anymore?