Chapter 19

Asher's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I am so sorry for your loss."

That's all I have been hearing since the ceremony ended. People coming up to me saying this dreaded line that they don't mean. They just say it because it makes since in the situation. But they don't mean it. How could they when they never knew her to begin with? She did very well at staying hidden. All the old classmates we had showed up as well and heard our little romantic story. But even they don't understand the pain of loosing someone like her. She was special. No one would ever see that the way I did.

------

Once the people cleared out, I was left with a tombstone and dirt spread over the top saying this was a fresh grave. Mallory decided to go back to the limo and wait since this was all so much for a 7 year old to take in. Hell, it was to much for me to take in, but I needed to talk to her... One last time. "Kate.. Katie bug. Hah, do remember when I used to call you that when we first met? You always hated it but that's why I called you that. It wasn't so you would be mad at me but so you could pay attention to me. Know that I was there. I craved for you to acknowledge me everyday and a simple tease like that would make you start a full conversation on how i shouldn't call you it. I've loved you since the first day I met you. Have I ever told you that? It was a love at first sight type of thing. I know you think that's cheesy but, it's true! I have always been in love with you. Only you. No one could ever compare to the things you do. I made our life worth living sweetheart. I have you everything you ever asked for! That's why you left right? So I could move on and get everything we would ever need, and in return you would come back and spend forever with me right?" Tears were slipping down my face and my dry throat tells me I have been yelling. " I guess life had other plans." I laughed dryly. I was a fool to ever think things could be so perfect. " I won't come back sweet heart. It's not because I won't miss you because believe me I will. But because I don't want to remember you like this. I need to move one. For once I need to. I should have a long time ago and maybe this wouldn't have happened. I'm so sorry I couldn't protect you. I wasn't there. And I am so sorry. I love you forever Kate." My finger reached out to outline the words engraved. 'Katherine'. That foolish name never fit her. She was always my bubbly Kate. The smile that never fades. But now...

She's gone.