Chapter 4

•SEVEN YEARS LATER•

Kate's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The past years have been the worst time in my life. I never could have gotten through the pregnancy if it weren't for Emily and Sarah being there for me the whole time. They even recorded my little girls birth. Its a gross thing, but maybe one day when I talk to my parents again, they will want to see it. Maybe they will want to pretend they were there holding my hand the whole time. At least that's what I use to think 7 years ago. Now my little girl is 7 years old and I am too scared to speak to them. I guess, I just don't want reality to catch up to me.

I stayed with Emily and Sarah until I graduated college. I took online classes and I finished high school online. After college, I got a job at 'Fame' magazine company. I get paid very well and decided to buy my own house for me and my baby girl, Mallory. I have a cute one story, red brick house and we have a black lab. I got him 2 years ago as a puppy and now he is perfectly well trained. Mallory loves him and I can already see her taking him to college with her. One thing I will make sure of is that she goes to college without a kid.

I haven't spoken to Asher since that day in the hospital. He didn't even know why I broke up with him and I didn't have a reason to tell him at the time. But everything is fine now, because I have moved on. He may be the father of my baby, but he will not run my life. I have gotten along perfectly fine without him. I know my parents and him were looking for me. My name was all over the news and radio. I had to change my name and appearance because of that. My name was Jade Cager. I now have black hair and it was shorter 7 years ago. But now I am old enough to live on my own without my parents so I am growing it back out but am keeping the color. I think my red hair made me look too innocent. I also changed my name back to Katherine Parks.

Mallory has light red hair and light brown eyes. She looks like me more then her dad, which is perfect because it won't give away who her dad is.

Asher's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seven years. It has been seven years since I have seen Kate. She left me. After that year of searching for her, I gave up. Her parents are still looking but I realized she was leaving me. She left her life all because of me. I took everything away from her, but she took all of me when she left. I am now a black hole that never smiles. I own companies everywhere and am in almost all the newspapers as 'the new billionaire that started out small.' This would make me happy, but when I imagined this, I saw Kate beside me holding my hand. I saw her in my 3 story mansion with a baby bump making dinner for us and our new family. She made me empty. These past seven years I became known as the scariest man to mess with. No one sees me smile, and I have a different girl every night. I just needed something to fill the hole in my chest.

Everyone knows who I am and every girl wants me. I only have my old high school friends that ever make me a little happy. Jake and Brad know about everything. They know Kate was my life and she left. They know when to bother me and when you don't want to be around me. They are all I have left. My parents take my money and vacation all the time to where I never see them. They use me. Everyone uses me for fame or fortune. I just want one girl that money can't get me.

Comment

Vote

Fan