Chapter 30

Surprisingly I didn't need to convince Asher to take me home. He simply picked me up bridal style and took me down to his limo. I wasn't really comfortable with limos anymore but if Asher's with me then everything should be fine, right? He went back up to get Cameron and I was half expecting the driver to take me away like the last one had. Instead he waited patiently for Asher to come back down with my precious angel. I haven't yet told Asher about my parents taking her, or how she's had no medical attention but we will get there soon enough. I made sure my gun and knife were tucked away. "Asher, remember... My names Anna. Okay?" He was smiling down at Cam in his arms but looked up when I said that. His smile slowly disappearing but he still nodded.

Meanwhile at Asher's house....

-----

Mallory's POV (Yay!!)

I was just sitting in my floor reading pride and prejudice for the millionth time. It was my moms favorite book so therefore it became mine. The doorbell suddenly went off and by the time, I already knew our maid, Valerie, was off her shift. I grunted and stood up. There goes my laziness. I went to my mattress and grabbed my tiny pistol my mom use to keep at our old house. Yeah I stole it when the people came to collect her things because of her death. They actually think they deserve to keep her things when mama worked for it not them. I wonder what would happen to me if we never met daddy. I can't help but think my moms death was my fault. If only I could have saved her. I know I was only 7 but I could have done something right? Anyways, mom use to always grab this gun before answering the door. It was her motherly instincts because she knew she would be to weak to hurt someone if they tried to break in. I guess I took her habit knowing Ashley's the only one here with me, and what's she gonna do? Take a selfie and blind the guy? Nope. Not even that even though that would be funny.

I tip toed down the stair case and before I went around the corner to answer the door, I heard voices.

"Ryan. What the hell! You know you can't be here." Ashley whisper yelled to this tall man I've never seen before. "Look. We have to go." The man said looking around to make sure know one heard so I ducked behind the wall.

"I can't. Mallory is here and I can't leave her alone." Wow I'm actually surprised she cared enough.

"I don't care for the brat. All I care about is keeping you safe." The man demanded pulling her to the door but Ashley stopped.

"What's happening!"

He sighed and pushed his hand through his hair nervously. "Ash. They are coming. You already married Asher so they are going to kill him and the brat. All the money will go to you which will also be handed down to me because that's my kid your carrying. So we have to go." His explanation made my face turn red. I had to do something right?

"You actually think I'm going to let that happen?" She demands. But before she could protest anymore the guy put his hand over her mouth and wrapped his arm around her waist taking her out there front door. I would go after her but I think she's safer with them then here anyways. Where's daddy? People are going to come.. I was panicking.. I quickly went up to my room and threw on some sneakers and his in the greenhouse in the backyard after planting a fake note on my bed. It said 'went to Erica's house daddy. Love you.' I'm hoping they believe in not in the house with that. Surely they aren't smart enough to know I would never leave a letter and just go off somewhere. My dad would obviously make me tell him where she lives of her moms okay with it. You know the protective parent role. But for right now, it's the only thing keeping me safe besides the pistol I have of course.

----

Kate's POV:

When the limo came to a stop at the front of the house, I couldn't help but think about how much I missed this place. My home. The place I always dreamt of living. Asher carried baby Cameron into the house first telling the limo driver to go home. I walked slowly behind him but then I saw something wrestling in the bushes. Not wanting to alarm Asher I told him to go ahead inside while I go check out the flower bed. He didn't question it and continued inside. I walked around the side of the house and went near the bushes. Before I could get any closer I heard a click of a pistol being loaded and small voice saying, "Stay back"
I stopped and stared at the bush already knowing the voice even though it doesn't sound like her anymore. "Mallory?" I questioned lowering myself to the ground. "I said stay back!" She threatened staying hidden in the bush.

"Mallory. It's me. It's your mom." I whispered. She laughed a little, "nice try lady, but my moms dead."

"Mallory. Dear. I promise you. Come out, I won't hurt you. It's really me."

She stayed silent until I heard her stern voice, "Prove it."

"Do you still beat the boys at school sweetheart? Do you still show them that just because your a girl, doesn't mean your weak? Did you ever read pride and prejudice like I asked you long ago? My favorite book. I wanted to share the love story that I want for you one day. Have you been taking care of Camo? Our black lab. You named her you know? When we first got her and she got out at night. We could never find her because she blended in." I laughed a little and noticed her poke her head out. That's my girl. I noticed the weapon in her hand. "Is that my pistol?" I asked mostly to myself. She nodded while blushing lightly. "I-i wanted to be as strong as you mama. I took it from your room when you left, to keep me safe because you couldn't anymore." Tears were rolling down both our faces in sure and I couldn't hold myself back anymore. I lunged for her and picked her up holding her tight to me. She hugged me back just as tight then pulled away. "Mama. Daddy's in danger." I quirks an eyebrow up and questioned, "how?"

"There's scary men in the house."