Chapter 18

I was left alone in my own thoughts for about 30 minutes. I heard the door squeak open and many footsteps entered. My eyes adjusted to the people in front of me and i almost thought my mind was playing tricks. There is no possible way that this is happening. Its impossible! "Hello, Katherine. Did you miss us?" My dad asked sweetly with a sly smirk that i just wanted to slap off. His hand was intertwined with my mothers who had an evil grin placed on her face. The other people I recognized as business partners that sometimes joined us for dinner but instead of suits and business wear, the were wearing all black, even my parents. "What do you want?" I seethed. My teeth were clinched together trying to keep from blowing up. If I were a cartoon, I would have steam coming out of my ears. "Oh dear. We missed you too!" My mother gasps exasperatedly. Almost as if shes putting on a show. "Enough." My dad said referring to my mother, "We need to tell her why shes here." My mother nodded agreeably and then replaced her fake smile with another very real evil grin. "You have disgraced us dear. Things are about to change. How dare you run away and get pregnant with a child!" My father said composing himself to keep from screaming again. "As you can see, we are a gang. The East side gang, and I, your father, am the leader of it. Which puts in the position to take over once I have passed. You were suppose to be a boy, but your mother is doing fine in second position, I was sure you would be perfect..." He said. "Until you left." All this new information was shocking, but I showed no emotion on my face. How the heck is this possible and why didn't I know about it? How could they keep something so big a secret from me. And who the heck ties their child up!? I am pretty sure these thoughts brought an angry glare to my face which was looking at my parents. They seemed happy and excited but I could tell it was fake. They were putting on a fake show for these other random people. What the heck? What is going on?

"So.. You see darling, you have a choice."