Laura 5.0

I've been working for the Tyler's for almost two weeks and I can say that I'm actually enjoying it. Mr. Tylers driver picks me up every morning at the hotel and drives me back when my job is finished. I've been getting finished with the job faster and faster, making me done with the whole house before two in the afternoon, before,  I wasn't done until eight that afternoon. I guess because I know what needs to be done and what doesn't. I sit on the curb and pick the grass between the broken road as I wait for the driver to pick me up, but he hasn't arrived and it was getting late. 

"Hi, if you don't mind me asking, um what time is it?" I asked this guy who was walking down the sidewalk. He stops and looks at me and huffs, "please?" I ask kindly. He looks at me and raised his arm up revealing his thirty thousand dollar watch. "It's ten forty-five," he says and walks off. "Thank you!" I yell but he doesn't say anything. That's weird, the driver is always here at nine o'clock on the dot every time. 

I began to worry and thoughts start setting in. Like what if he fired me already, or did something come up missing and he thinks I stole it? I would never steal from someone who is helping me. I began to feel my breathing start picking up and my face becoming hot and my fingers start tingling. I swallow the lump in my throat and start by breathing in and out slowly. I continue for a minute and I feel myself start coming back. 

I waited a little more and I couldn't stand the heat on my face and I could feel it on my arms, making it burn and sting a little bit. I didn't want to move and I miss the driver, so I stayed in that same spot for what felt like forever, before eventually giving up and start walking towards the home. If I can run, I can make it before three I say to myself and starting jogging on the sidewalk passing people as I did. "Hey watched it!" a woman yelled as I accidentally hit her bag as I ran past her. I ran until I counted fifteen stoplights and ten walkways.

 I stopped and sat on the concrete to catch my breath, a woman starts walking and I see she has a phone so I ask "Hi miss, can I ask what the time is?" she looked at me with disgust as her eyebrows squint together "I don't know, can you?" she laughs and walks away. I look down "sorry," I say softly. "It's Five-eleven," a soft voice says I slowly look up and see an old lady looking down at me. I smile and thank her. 

I get up and start crossing the road and I was too worried about making it on time and didn't make it.  I didn't check to see if cars were coming or not. All I heard was car horns honking and I hurried and jumped onto the sidewalk causing me to scrap my leg and hit my head on the concrete ground. I sat up and rubbed my head and started to feel light-headed. "Shit, that's gonna hurt for a while," I said and got up and see people staring at me. "Do you need some medical help?" asked a woman. I was about to speak but someone beat me to it. "Does she look like she can afford a medical bill?" He said. I looked at him and flipped him off. "No, but thank you," I said and walked off.

After I started to walk further down the street, I count how many flower bushes there are before turning down that street. Before I knew it, I was walking on the road to Tyler's residence. A smile formed on my face but slowly fell because I realized I was dirty, sweaty, and bloody from my long trip here. I start to rethink my decision as I got closer to the home, but I became confused because there were a lot of cars in the driveway. More than ten cars, and not just regular cars, but fancy cars.

 I slowly walk towards the door and hear laughter I peek through the windows, and see that this was a business dinner. "I better leave," I say and before I looked away, I met eyes Brett and we locked eyes for a short period. I hurried off the steps and fell from rushing. The door opened and I looked up to see Brett in this nice black tuxedo. "Laura?" He says as he rushes to my side. "Hi," I say and he picks me up and stands me up. "What are you doing here, you're off today," he says as he exams my body because of the blood and dirt. I look up at him with embarrassment. "I didn't know, you never said anything," I say as I feel water trickling down my arm, I look up and see dark clouds forming and it was starting to sprinkle.