Laura 6.0

I wake up the next morning to Jocelyn's soft snoring. I roll over not to wake her, and slowly get out of bed. I walk over to the bathroom and close the door, I look in the mirror and see I still have Brett's clothes on. What was I even thinking, I'm seventeen I should have never done that to myself or to him. I'm underage, and He's like, wait, I don't even know how old he is. He can't be very old, considering he can move around very well, but so can old active people.

I look at myself in the mirror closely and see the freckles all over my nose become darker because of the sun from yesterday. Then, my insides become warm thinking about the feeling of brett being so close to me. What had gotten into me? I've never had this feeling ever, so it's kinda annoying and frustrating to know the solution to that feeling. 

But that night, I can't get seem to forget what had happened.

After I left his house I ran all the way back to Jocelyn in the dark. As the cold hair blew through my hair and a few rain droplets. 

I banged on her door, hoping she was home. "Jo! please be home," I say as I banged harder. I started to cry because I was scared of being out in the dark alone with men walking around the corner staring at me. I banged on the door some more, and finally, I hear her voice. "I'm coming, hold on!" she says. She opens the door and I see a towel wrapped around her. I was so relieved to see her face, that I embraced her in a hug and started to cry even harder. "Laura? is everything okay," she asks as she pulls away from the hug and looks at me. I shake my head no.  "What happened?" she asks as she pulls me to sit on the bed.

 I told her everything, and how embarrassed I was that I did such a thing to myself. She looks at me and puts both of her hands on each side of my face, like cupping it. "Babygirl, you are so innocent, I don't even know what to say," she says and it becomes silent. I look into her brown eyes and she looks into mine. "Don't be embarrassed because of what you did. You were caught in a moment because as us women, we tend to go after what we want. And that's what you did" she says pulling me into a hug. 

I look up and ask her "So I'm still a virgin?" she looks at me and smiles "Yes, and you can be for as long as you want to be, and when you are ready." she says and places a kiss on the head before looking at it. "You hit your head pretty hard, didn't you?" she asks as she continues to look under the bandage. 

I zone out of my thoughts and look back at the door and hear the hotel phone ringing. "Can you get that please?" jo asks still half asleep. I walk over to the phone and answer it. "Hello?" I say on the line. Nobody said anything but breathing, "hello, anyone there or not?" I say as I'm slowly getting annoyed. "Laura," says the person on the other line, and sounds raspy and hoarse. My heart sinks to my stomach. "Brett?" I ask and stand up and take the phone with me going towards the window and see his Audi parked in front of the building. 

It was him, sitting in his car with his windows rolled down. looking at me. I quickly hid from the windows making the curtains move. "shit" I said and slowly slid down the wall onto the floor. 

"Laura, come out and talk to me, please," Brett said. but all I could hear was the hard beating of my heart thumping and thumping. I could feel my body starting to heat up and feel my head getting fuzzy. the phone fell out of my hands onto the floor. I looked up and see that jo had come out of the shower and was talking to me but I couldn't hear her. The next thing I felt was the hard cold floor.