Laura 22.0

It's been three long months since I've seen or even spoken to Brett. A part of me is broken, but the other half is happy and I think I'd rather be happy that I am no longer in that situation anymore. I should have never done that to myself.

I shouldn't have to beg for someone's love or be a second choice.

He was married to a woman that he has been with since high school. The only person that should have left was Andrea.

I really need to apologize to her, but I don't think she would forgive me for what I did or what 'we' both did that night.

Just the fact that I know that Brett had gotten Maggie pregnant would have made me leave him the second I'd found out. It hurts me to know that he did that to Andrea and maggie, and didn't try hard enough to fight for the child before Maggie made her choice.

I often wonder what he would have done if I had gotten pregnant. Would he stay and help me take care of the child or tell me to get rid of it. But the thought that kept playing in my head was.

How would she react, meaning Andrea?

"Hello, earth to laura" snapping me out of my thoughts, I look up and see Mr. Gilinsky looking down at me.

"I am so sorry," I say and shake my head and give him my full attention.

"We have a meeting with the Tyler's at noon" he pauses and my smile turns into a frown. "I understand if you don't feel comfortable being in the room" he starts off but I cut him off.

"I can do it, no problem. It's only for an hour correct?" I ask and get the files together.

"Laura, this meeting has been on the calendar for about a month. This meeting is supposed to last a couple of hours to be exact," he says and rubs my arm and I look around.

"right, I must have forgotten, forgive me" I close my eyes and sigh. "I'm going to the breakroom, want anything?" I asked walking towards the door.

"no, Jo is bringing lunch today, but thank you." he smiles and I smile back at the mention of Jo.

Mr. Gilinsky and Jo hit it off since that night that Brett came and got me from that restaurant slash bar. And I'm glad they did, even though Jack is only twenty-five and Jo is thirty-three. They fit each other so well.

I work for Jack and his company after I left Brett and that environment. Not only am I an assistant but I am also Jack's partner in this company. It wasn't official until after I turned eighteen, because of child work law and all of that mess.

I make three times more than what Brett was paying me, and we kind of stole a lot of his clients. This is why we are having this meeting along with his wife, Andrea. This should be interesting.

I walk into the breakroom and grab a bottle of water and a snack bar before taking a seat at the glass table.

Gazing at the other people in the room, I take out my phone and begin to Look through my Facebook. I see that I have several friend requests and one is from Crimden, my stomach starts turning, and all of a sudden I feel sick. I quickly delete the request and the app and turn my phone off.

"This meeting should be interesting," a guy named Patrick says and gives me a smile.

I gave him a small laugh "it should be" I reply and he carries on.

"Ready to do this?" I look over and it's Jo.

I smile and it turns back into a frown, tears start to form and Jo sees it because her smile also falls. she walks over to me and gives me a hug.