Laura 7.0

I'm woken up to the sound of a voice. I slowly open my eyes and see that jo is talking on the room phone. "I got to go, she's waking up. Okay bye." She says and walks over to me with a caring smile. "What happened, jo?" I asked and look at her and she looks scared.

"you passed out Laura." jo says and proceeds to sit on the bed next to me. 

"did he come up here?" I asked her.

"no, but he kept calling and I guess he finally gave up because the phone quit ringing," she says

I sit up on the bed and look at my hands and looked at jo. realizing that I probably just ruined her chance to get money. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to keep you from doing what you needed to do today." I look towards the window and back to my hands. I can feel the tears in my eyes begin to trickle down my cheek.

"Laura, it's okay. I was worried about you, afraid," she says and embraces me in a hug.

Jo is the closest thing I have to having a mother. She's so protective and so caring for me, jo does a lot for me. She doesn't have to, but she does anyway. I never knew her whole story other than her being a prostitute. I don't even like calling her that, I like calling her jo. I hope she knows how appreciative I am of her.

"I can't go back," I say and pull away from the hug.

Jo looks at me with a facial expression that looks somewhat sad and disappointed.

"you might not want to hear this, but you need to go back and work for him. I know this is going to be in your mind 24/7. but you have to go back and work. Because the truth is told, no one is going to hire you. And we both know why they won't hire." jo says making me want to cry more. 

"but I-" jo cuts me off "no and buts, Laura. you need to go back and apologize for what has happened and ask for the job back." she finishes. 

"I have to say sorry because I didn't know exactly what was going on? sorry for almost getting raped by your friend brock? wow, that is just wonderful." I say to jo and roll my eyes. 

"but it didn't happen, did it?" jo asked

I look down at my legs and I can still feel his hands all over me. but the thought is no longer there other than me making Brett's hands go down on me. making me feel that same feeling in the pit of my stomach. 

"no, but he meaning brock did put his hands on my private," I say to jo while hanging my head in shame.

she looks at me with sadness and hugs me again. "I'm sorry that happened," she says

how do I tell her that I was the one who put bretts hands down my underwear. I feel so ashamed and embarrassed. I know that I should have never done that. Most importantly to myself. 

"come on, I can call wyatt and see if he can drive us to his house." jo says making me look at her at the mention of his name.

"wyatt?" i say with my hands on my hips.

she gets up and gets her things in a bag and I'm still standing there looking at there with a  small smile on my face. 

she finally looks at me and says "what?" as she pulls a strand of hair behind her ear. 

"I thought you and frank was together, you haven't mention wyatt in a long time" I say and start laughing. 

"well, franks out of town and won't be back in a couple of months, and you know i am not waiting around that long. Bills got to be paid honey." she laughs.

I laugh back and shake my head.

I go to the restroom and see my appearance in the mirror and was welcomed back with oily hair, puffy eyes, and swollen face due to stress. I need to shower.