Laura 12.0

I walk back over towards the door and lock it.

Still scathing at my neck, I head towards the bathroom and lock the door as well.

turning on the shower and stripping off my clothes, I turn around and see the mirror and look at myself. I cover myself with my hands to cover the naked parts of my body. 

I see the dark bags under my eyes and the tiring of my face from the days working with brett and not getting any sleep. As much as I wish I had some sleep, I wouldn't be able to anyways. Every night I lay there staring at the ceiling and my thoughts race around my mind, constantly.

the thoughts are always the same; how does a 17-year-old get a job as an assistant and get paid loads of money? how does one even survive at this young age on her own?

As matter of fact. I still haven't spent the money I've been paid. It's on this little card that Andrea has given me. She told me an app to download, but I haven't gotten a phone yet either. 

I don't know anything, nothing.

I don't know how to work, other than this job. I don't know anything about budget, buying phones, let alone buying a house or renting. For heaven's sake, I don't even have a phone.

That should tell you what I know. That I, Laura Jane Matthews am completely clueless and confused about how I am supposed to live a life that I was never taught. Because right now, I don't, don't know. I don't know-how.

I finish up and walk out of the bathroom in a robe that the penthouse provided us with. I look up and see Brett is sitting on the bed.

"what the hell!" I yell

he raises his eyebrows and smiles.

How in the hel-

"how in the hell did you get in here?" I asked "I locked the door before I got into the shower." I say backing up towards the bathroom.

"This house," he says waving his hand around, "is mine, I have a key for every single one," he smirks.

" I thought you had rented it only for this meeting or something." I mumbled

he scoffs " I told you, I own multiple businesses and sales all around the states." he explained

" I didn't think you owned houses as well." I speculated.

" I own this entire penthouse complex as well," he voiced

I look away and look back at him quickly

"Well, I was showering and I like a little privacy," I exclaimed 

he shrugged his shoulders and pointed at the bed, I looked over and saw the clothing that was laid out on the bed.

"This is for tonight, it's a cocktail dinner. I assumed that you don't know anything about makeup and hair, do you?" he asked.

I shook my head no

"great, I have someone that is coming, speaking of that, they should be here already," he says and walks out as the sound of the door chimes. 

I look at the dress and it's red. A small box is under it and I move the dress and see its sanitary pads. 

I roll my eyes and I shake my head. " I can't believe I forgot to grab them when we left," I whisper

"knock knock, Hi," A woman says as she comes in with two different women.

I look at both of them and give a small smile.

Brett walks in behind them, he stands there and looks at all four of us and finally lands his eyes back on me.

" Ladies, this is Laura, she is my assistant and we are going to be here for three days. For tonight, we have a cocktail dinner and I want to ensure she looks great for the occasion," he advised.