Laura 9.0

It's been several weeks since that last training and since I've seen Olivia. I passed my certification, so I've been working for the Tyler's for at least a month. I can officially say that I make good money and I've been so confused about how to spend it. The first check I received from Andrea I didn't know what to do. I gave jo some money for her room and just for whatever.

Considering she has been helping me since the day she found me. I owe her that at least. 

I bought my own room and thankfully it's just next door to hers and not anywhere else. Brett has been ignoring me since that day I apologize for the incident that I caused. He's been gone on business meetings. So, I've been here doing all of the work on my own and making sure everything here looks good while he is away. 

Andrea on the other hand has been getting awfully close to brock. He looks at me like he doesn't even remember what has happened, let alone what he did to me. 

Now I can finally say that I look decent. My hair is combed back, my face looks clean and my stomach is full. All thanks to the cook marine, she's been making sure I am fed before I start working and fed before I leave for home.

I'm just finishing up some paperwork when the phone starts ringing. 

I clear my throat

"Hello, this is Tyler's assistant speaking, how can I help you?" I say and start fiddling with a pen on the desk.

"hi there, I was wanting to know Brett's schedule for next week." the female voice asks.

"Okay, let me see, it'll be a moment," I say and put her on hold.

I click here and there and see that he is really full all next week. No time for anything.

I pick the phone back up and speak; "are you still there?" I ask.

"mhmm yes," she says. 

"Okay, well he is full all next week and there won't be anything open until the week after," I state and get my pen ready to write.

it was silence.

"well, put my name down for a Thursday," she says 

I just told this lady that there are no openings for her to see him. Maybe she meant that week after.

"Okay, I'll put you down for that week after," I state and begin writing it down.

"No! I said this Thursday. He'll know who this is." she states and hangs up.

Touche.

I write it down and leave a gentle reminder that I need to email him the new schedule with this so-called mean woman meeting on Thursday. 

I revise the schedule and send him a new one. 

As soon as I stand up to leave, the phone rings again.

It's from Seattle Washington.

It's him.

I let it ring five times before picking it up.

"hello." I say and take a seat.

"who was it?" he asks

I look at the paper and realize that she never gave me her name.

"she never gave me a chance to ask, only stating that you should know who she is," I say

it was silence before he speaks up

"interesting, clear my whole schedule for the next week and the following week. Pack your bags, you're going with me to LA," he says and hangs up. 

I hang the phone up and sit there. 

"where is LA?" I ask and look it up on the computer.

"Los Angeles is a sprawling Southern California city and the center of the nation's film and television industry." It states.

I've never been anywhere but here in ol great Oklahoma. I mean I've never been anywhere else. So this would be a great and hopefully a great experience.

"So he decided to take you on the trip to LA." a voice says behind. I quickly turn around and see it's Andrea.

I stand up and fix myself and smile.

"yes, uh something about a meeting," I say and look at her.

"well ain't that something. You know it's our anniversary that week, it's no surprise that he will do anything to make sure that we don't spend time together." Andrea states and takes a seat in front of me. 

She's in her robe and it's only five in the afternoon.

"I didn't know miss. I can call and rearrange something to make sure that he can be home." I offered.

she takes a look at me and smiles. shows her pearly white teeth. and continues to look me up and down. making me feel uncomfortable. 

"no, it's fine." she says and walks towards the door and stops, "don't mention this to him, please?" she asks.

"of course, I won't say a thing," I say and smile.

she walks out.