Laura 28.0

"Meet me at the dock in twenty minutes," he says and hangs up.

Confused, I look at Brett and he nods his head, "I know where he's talking about" and we both get in the car and take off.

Millions of thoughts are going through my mind right now and I can't focus on one thing, and that's Jo. I get a headache and it's making me sick and everything around me is getting all dizzy.

"Hey," Brett says as he tries to focus on the road and try to make sure I'm alright, "Laura, I need you to relax," he says but his words are in slow motion and I try to close my eyes.

My eyes are closed for a minute and all I can hear is pure panic from Brett I feel empty in a white room and I can feel the anxiety start to creep in and all of a sudden I wake back up and I see water and boats.

"Laura are you alright?" Brett asks and I look around at my surroundings and nod my head.

"What happened?" he asks as he feels my forehead.

"I'm not sure," I say and scan the area to see if I can spot them, "but I need you to hide because you are not supposed to be anywhere near me or here," I say to brett as I get out and get the gun that Morgan gave me and hide it under my blouse.

"Be careful" he says and I can see the worries in his eyes and the pain in his voice.

"Okay," I say and walk onto the dock.

Brett starts the car up but leaves the lights off and goes to the park where they won't see him. I look around and see only a few boats and I smell fire.

"Omg yes, I know! that's so crazy" I snap my head back and see several people walking onto a boat and they drive off.

I can hear my heartbeat beating so fast and I try to calm myself down before I have a panic attack and blackout. 

Passed boats until I reach the very end and now I'm alone on the dock with only water surrounding me.

 "Well damn, she really had the guts to show up, alone" I freeze and I can hear his footsteps and more.

I slowly turn around and see all three brothers. Crimden, Wyatt, and Brock.

"you got what I want?" Crimden asks coming closer and making me walk back more.

"Yes, only if you hand over Jo first," I say and they all look at each other and laugh.

"what's so fucking funny" I sneer and they quit laughing.

"get a load of this" Wyatt says and shakes his head.

"Look, hand over the papers and you can have your sloppy seconds of a friend back," Brock says and smiles. Just hearing him speak wants me to just end his life right now.

"Don't talk about her like that" I spit.

"you know, it was easy finding a woman that was overdosed on drugs on the streets. And so easy to just walk into that house and lay a body in there." Crimden says and I look at all three of them.

"Just give us the damn papers, shit," Brock says and pushes past his brothers and walks towards me. I wait until he gets closer.

He comes near me and I draw the gun and point it at all of them.

"Woah, calm down," Brock says with his hands in the air.

"give me jo first!" I shout and Crimden is huffing with anger and walks away.

I hear muffled screaming and Jo comes out and I almost ran to her, she looked in pain and had blood on her face from them beating on her.

"You bastards hit her!" I yelled and still had my gun pointed at brock.

"there, she's here," Wyatt says and pushes her towards me and I grab her and I uncover her mouth and she doesn't look in the best shape.

"now, I think this is the part where you hand over the papers," Brock says through his white teeth and I want to hit him so bad.

"Not yet" I shake my head

Brock is getting mad because he starts to grit his teeth.

"Do you remember me?" I ask and he squints his eyes to try and focus on who I am.

on the verge of tears, jo speaks, "Laura just give them the damn papers."

"No, because he thought it was okay to do what he did," I say, and brock smiles.

"That's right, your Tyler's little slut that he picked up from the streets. Of course, I remember," he says and walks closer to me.

"don't come closer, I'll shoot you" I threatened.

He laughs, "oh yeah? do it then." And puts the gun in his mouth.

I pull pack the trigger and it makes the click sound.

"Brock just get the papers and let's go" Wyatt complains.

He backs up and smiles, "and I'll do it again" and that's where the line was drawn, as soon as he turned around I dropped the papers and they fell into the water. I put both hands on the gun and pushed on the trigger and the next thing I heard was gunfire. It wasn't mine, it was Bretts.

Crimden falls on the dock and lands in the water. Wyatt charges toward Brett and I run after him as brock grabs the gun and starts shooting. 

I hop on Brocks back and we both fall into the water Brock turns around and punches me in the face.

Nothing but darkness and I'm back in that same white room with nothing and for some reason, I can't hear anything I try to open my mouth but nothing comes out. I can feel my body being picked up and I can the coldness on my face.

"Laura wake up, please" I hear but I still can't see anything I'm trying so hard to open my eyes but I can't.

"Help! we need help" someone is screaming. 

My lips feel warm and my body feels the warmth and it's like my body is waking up.

I open my eyes and start choking up the water that I just swallowed.

"Laura, it's going to be alright" Jo cries as she hovers over me.

I see two bodies on the dock and I think of Brett. I try to stand up but Jo pushes me to sit there and someone comes running toward us.

"We called for help. Are you guys okay?" one woman asks and I point over to the bodies.

The unknown guys run over to the two bodies and I can see one of them move and I pray that it's Brett's body.

I blackout again and this time I'm not in the white room.

I open my eyes and I see a woman and a man, they're fighting. I try to speak and nothing comes out I look around and it's an unknown house. I walk down the hallway and see my reflection in the mirror and I'm seven all over again.

I sit on the staircase and listen, "don't try and lie to me daniel. I've seen the way you look at her! she's only seven!" the woman yells and I can feel the tears come down.

"So what? we get money. I don't see the big deal Sharon" the guy says and walks out the door passing me by but doesn't acknowledge me.

The woman walks up to me "I'm sorry but I have to send you back" and cries.

The room changes again and now I can hear beeping noises and this time I open my eyes.

"Laura?"