Laura 21.0

"Brett this house is too big for one person" I exclaimed at the picture that brett showed me.

"it's not that big," he says and continues to show me pictures.

I shake my head and continue to look at smaller houses but it still doesn't matter because every time I show him a house he says 'no' or that it's 'far'.

"here look at this, right by the lake. Only 30 mins away," he says handing me the iPad.

"it has six bedrooms and five bathrooms. Why do I need that many rooms let alone bathrooms." I throw my hands in the air.

he laughs and starts typing on his phone. "remember a couple of weeks ago, I said I'll help you find a place?" he asks

I look up from the iPad and nod my head.

"I'm going to buy you a house along with a car." he says "you do know how to drive right?" he laughs

"you don't have to, I can pay for my things on my own now." I offered

He shakes his head in disapproval.

"no, I want to. You got your driver's license?" he asks

"yes, I got it when I was living with one of my foster parents," I say and continue to look through. 

"how many families did you go to, if you don't mind me asking," he says putting down his phone.

"no, it's fine." I started "I was in uh" I paused to think how many I was actually in. " I think 10 or 13, I believe" I replied and smiled.

You should have seen his eyes, they were huge.

"wow," he could say "I'm sorry you had to go through all of that," he says

"mmm it's whatever, I mean shit happens and it happened to me," I say and continue to swipe.

"what about your mom and dad?" he asks

he is such a curious cat.

"well, my mom died giving birth to me, and dad literally dropped me off at a police station. And I have no clue where he might be." I state and walk over to the mini bar and pour myself a glass of wine.

He shakes his head in disbelief.

"When is your birthday?" he asks and I feel his hands wrap around me as I almost spill the wine.

I laugh and turn around. I take a slow sip of wine and he licks the remaining off my lips and places a soft kiss on my lips.

"it's in three months." I smile.

"three months? no date or nothing" he smirks

"November twenty-third," I say and slip out of his grip and sit back down.

"Okay, well are you free that day?" he asks sitting on the coffee table.

"mmm not sure, I'll have to ask my boss. He's a real asshole about letting me off on certain days." I start to smile.

He rolls his head back and starts laughing

"Oh really," he says and raises his eyebrows.

I shrug my shoulders and see the perfect house on the website. Almost spilling my wine I shoved him the Ipad.

"I think this is it." I proclaimed.

He looks through the photos and he hasn't said no immediately as he did to my other ones.

"right, it's the drive going to Jack's house," he says and I frown.

"what!" I scoff

"This has nothing to do with him, Brett," I say and grab the Ipad back.