Laura 17.0

The driver pulls into the motel parking lot and I sit there in silence with brett who just keeps his focus on his phone.

"I won't need you this upcoming week, so take this time off and enjoy yourself," he says not even looking at me.

I stare at him for a moment waiting for him to say anything else.

I tap my fingers on my pants. I look away and towards the motel.

"and uh before you come back, get a phone, please," he says finally breaking the awkward silence.

I nod my head and step out with my bags and the gifts that I got for Jo. I close the door and watch the car drive away.

"Have fun with your sugar daddy?" the manager asks.

I look at him and give him a face.

"mind your own old man," I say and shove past him.

I lean against Jo's room and listen for any movement to let me know if she is home.

Nothing.

I huff and walk into mine and turn the air on considering its 100 degrees outside. Who turned my ac off? I stand there and think of the day I left. That's right I did.

I unpack and sort through what was jo's and set aside her bag and the little gifts that I had gotten her.

As I'm moving around I hear a door slam shut and it's coming from Jo's room. So I stand still and quietly listen.

"I don't know anything other than what she told me," Jo says and I listen. "she's supposed to be coming home today. I'll ask her when she gets in." she continues. "okay fine, bye" she hangs up.

I sit on the bed and think.

"Brett is right," I whisper and grab my little wallet and sneak out of the room and run down the stairs.

"Woah there slow down." the guy says and grabs my waist.

he lets go and move his glasses and it's crimden.

"sorry I was trying to get somewhere," I say and walk back and go the other way.

I wave my hand for a cab and a grey car pulls up "need a ride?" she asks. She looked friendly, so I got in.

"are you Cassandra?" she asks pulling away from the curb.

"yes" I lie and am confused as to why she is referring me to Cassandra.

"you walked quite a ways from where I was supposed to pick you up," she says looking at the mirror.

"what are you talking about?" I say

"on the Uber app. You know it tells me where I need to pick you up and where to take you," she says as I'm supposed to know.

"right, well change of directions. I need to go to the village 20 miles from here." I state and she breaks. "Look that's pretty far from my range, that'll cost a lot more than what your previous plans were," she says turning to look at me.

"that's fine I got the money for it," I say and she speeds up.

Thank god.

after about 30 minutes we make it to the gates. "what's the code?" she asks

"you don't need it." I say and hand her two hundred dollar bills.

I get out and walk towards the house.

"It was only $40!" she yells

I didn't say anything as I kept walking and she left.

I put in the code and walk through and see Andrea leave and hid in the bush and wait for her to be out of my sight.