Laura 24.0

"You look like a flower" Dane laughs. I look at him and back at my shirt.

"And you look like shit" I spit back and walk into my office and turn the lights on and lock the door, so no one comes in and sees me putting on my face.

I sit down and pull out my concealer and start applying along with a little bit of concealer after I finish it off with mascara and lip balm with color. Just in time, because there is a knock at the door.

Pushing everything back in the bag I walk over and open it to reveal, Brett.

"Hi," he says and I around and see everyone looking at me. I open the door wider and he comes in and I shut the door.

"Why are you here?" I ask and shake my head walking back to my desk.

I fold my legs and wait for his answer.

He looks at me confused as if I was supposed to know.

"I told you this morning that I was coming in so that" he starts to move his hands motioning that he means us, "we can talk" he finishes.

Still standing there, I motion towards the chair for him to sit down, and he does.

"It's not mine" he blurts out.

"what," I say

"the child, it's not mine." he looks away and I sit up straight.

"it has to be. I don't think she would go and do that" I say and start typing emails for the day.

"Remember Brock?" he says and I stop typing as the memories start flooding in at the mention of his name. 

I turn to the side and he shakes his head.

"They slept together, and right after that she slept with me after almost two years and now she claims that it's my child," he says and you can hear the sadness in his voice and how heartbreaking he really is.

"Okay, what does this have to do with me?" I ask

"what I'm trying to say is, I used protection that night. I always do, in her case," he whispers and my eyebrows go up because of the incident with Maggie.

"wait how in the hell do you know that she had sex with brock?" I ask and lean forward.

"I have cameras, Laura," he says and stands up and walks over to the window.

I don't know what to say. I mean I'd say this is what he gets for getting Maggie pregnant. But that would be too much considering that the child didn't even make it to this world.

"I have already gotten the papers ready and now" he pauses and turns to face me, "I'm waiting for a time to tell her," he says 

I can't help but to think how she will take this, considering they have been together since high school. Her own sweetheart wants to divorce her.

"I made her sign a prenup when we got married. Because My mother always told me that Andrea was not in love, but in love with money. And I never believed her until after we got married when she realized that she did sign papers." he says and sits in front of me.

"realized that what?" I asked

"that she signed the prenup and she didn't know. Until she started her own hair salon that she did. Because she was trying to use my credit and hers bounced back bad." he says

I'm shocked at everything that he has said. I thought this whole time that Andrea was rich on her own, but this whole damn time. She was able to buy such lavish things because of Brett. He was the one taking care of her this whole time. And then she goes out and gets pregnant with another man's baby. I mean there is no telling how long this affair with Brock has been going on before I came in. I feel less guilty but then I do.