Laura 4.0

I wake up to the heat of the sun coming up off the horizon and see people already walking around so I took it as a sign that I needed to get up, I look over and see a dog lying next to my feet shivering "I'm sorry bud, didn't think anyone was staying here" I say and pet the dog making it wake up "here I'll give your bed back" I say and get up and pick up the small dog and lay it on its bed and it began to fall back to sleep "thanks" I smile and began my long journey back to the hotel before 9.

They say having a dog is like having a friend, but I never had a dog or a friend, that dog was just as lonely as I was out here all alone with no one to go to with nowhere to sleep, that bed couldn't be his but that's all he had just like me because I didn't have anywhere to go.

I look up at the sky and see the pink and white clouds passing by slowly making it seem like the sun and the clouds have a relationship. It was like they got along well with each other by making the morning sky beautiful putting on a show for everyone to see. I look both ways and cross the busy street and make it to the other side not getting ran over, which is something I have almost died of before.

I look straight ahead and see a black shiny car waiting in the distance, is that him? I question myself "oh shit" I yell and jog before he sees me and then he's going to know that I don't live there. I run towards the back of the hotel and go in through the kitchen area and make my way to the front entrance. "Her name is Laura, she said she lived here," Brett says I stop in my tracks and hide behind the wall "a Laura?" the asshole man from yesterday asked. Brett just nodded his head and they continued to talk.

I haven't even showered and I smell weird really weird not like I've gone without showering before, I try to make myself presentable with the mirror in front of me and slowly go around the corner to make an appearance. 

They both stop and look at me, the man looked at me with disgust and rolled his eyes. while Brett looked at with the biggest smile he always has "oh so this is Laura" the man asked with a smirk, I look at him and roll my eyes at him "well are you ready for today?" asked Brett "guess so" I say and look down "let's go kid, we got a long day ahead of us" he says and begins walking I look over at the man "So, are you now a prostitute?" asked the man "no, he's helping me get a job, that's all" I say and walk out and hurry up to his car.

I get in and Brett is looking at me "what?" I ask feeling concerned "do you know him?" he asks looking straight ahead, should I just go ahead and tell him that I don't stay there and be honest? or lie and say I do know him? I'll be honest. "No I don't know him," I say and look out the window "good" was all he said and starting to drive off, I was kinda confused on why he even asked if I knew him anyway like was he lowkey jealous if I did know him?

I erased that conversation because it bothered me for a minute and I didn't like the feeling it was giving me. "so what's for today?" I ask looking away from the window and looked straight-ahead "I'm going to be showing you around my house and show you what you have to do every morning, mid-day, and the night before you go home" he says as we turn down streets, getting further and further away from where I roam the street and I'm getting scared every minute as we pass red lights, I try to keep up so I know how many there is on my way home and failed because there was so many to keep track of I eventually gave up.

"before we actually get started on you doing things, there are some papers I'm going to have you sign first and stuff like that if you're alright with that" Brett says looking at me then back to the road. "like what kind of papers?" I asked "just normal questions I'm sure you know the answer to, they are not that hard to answer really" he answers and I look at him to find a mood, or just something because I can never tell how he feels as if he doesn't have any emotions in him at all. 

"oh, okay then," I say and sink further in my seat getting nervous by the second. I wonder if he has a big house or tiny home since he travels everywhere, there isn't any reason to have a big house if you're just going to leave in a couple of weeks and stay at another home maybe he just likes wasting money on things and like seeing us suffer, I don't know.