Laura 8.0

I walk up the steps and stood at the front door. I wasn't quite ready to go in nor knock. I look down at my feet and my legs are shaking, my hands are sweating and my eyes are twitching. I hate when I get nervous like this. I think I'm more scared of what he is going to say than actually seeing him. Because like what jo said "it's always going to be on your mind 24/7." 

"you got this, just knock and wait." I say to hype myself to knock on the door. 

I look up and see the camera.

"fuck." I curse under my breathe and look back down at my feet.

I start breathing fast and my heart rate is starting to pick up. what if he knows that I've been standing here the whole time and is just sitting in his office laughing at me. 

Or that him and andrea, and brock are just laughing away.

"okay stop, just stop. knock on the door." I tell myself. 

I look around and see an old lady walking by, but she stops and looks towards my direction. 

I give a small smile and wave.

she shakes her head and continues walking.

"old hag" I roll my eyes.

And yet I'm still standing like an idiot waiting for gods knows what. I just can't seem to grasp my hand onto the door to knock.

I don't understand why I am like this.

I put my hands behind my back and rock back and forth on my heels trying to get the courage to knock. 

Like honestly. What am I 12? standing here like some girl scout. Trying to sell Cook-

"uh are you going to go in anytime soon?" A voice interrupts.

I quickly turn around and fall over into the bed of flowers next to the steps.

I took a hard fall to the prickly bed of roses and flowers. 

"shit" I say and lay there for a second.

"are you okay?" the voice asks

I look up and see a hand in front of me. I grab it and get up.

I clear my voice "yeah, I'm fine. thanks." I say and dust myself off.

"say" he says and points towards the house "do you by chance know the owner here? I'm suppose to be here for the yard work" he says. 

I look back up to the house and back at him. 

"not that well, I actually just started myself" I chuckled.

"oh" he says and looks back out towards his truck at the gate that I somehow never heard him pull up. 

"let me call and see where bouts the owner is" he states and walks off. I just nod my head

I sit down on the steps and watch him on the phone. 

How embarrassing am I?

I just stood there a minute ago while a guy just watched me talk to myself.

great, just great Laura.

I see him get off the phone and walk towards me. 

"well miss, the owner's wife will be here shortly. The husband is out of town." he says looking at me.

"oh" I says and nod my head "well, okay then. We shall wait" I say and he gives me this look that tells me to stop being weird.

"you can come wait with me in the AC in the truck. It's pretty hot out here." he says as he motions towards the truck. I look at him and back at the truck. It'd be nice to cool off for a bit. But I don't have the best of luck with men here lately.