Laura & Brett

Brett:

Today is the day that I marry the woman I have fallen deeply in love with and this might be cliche but I don't care. Laura is the most assertive and outgoing person I have ever met and I don't think she understands how much I love her.

The day I met her, she was special. She carried herself so well even with the circumstances that she was in, she never let anyone run over her.

Laura is someone that I can call home, a home where I feel safe being with her and feel like I can always protect her at all costs. She trusted me so fast and I fell for her too fast, but that doesn't mean I don't regret it. It simply means that we met where fate wanted us to meet. 

The favorite memory that I have of her is glued to my mind. When I took her to the movies on one of many dates and late nights, she was so into the movie that I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. She was beautiful and I admired that and I couldn't look away, afraid that I would miss something.

Another memory would be the very first encounter, where I accidentally scared her in that park and she dropped her plate. She got really mad because that food was supposed to last for a couple of days I suppose. But let me be honest, it wouldn't have lasted the next day with the heat.

Loving Laura was rough, because of the past that she was given. She wasn't affectionate like Andrea was. And I'd get mad because I'd given her the world and she wouldn't give me any affection other than a kiss. But I let my past life go and started living in the moment with Laura. Not only did I stop being upset, but I also taught her how to love and receive love in return. I showed her that showing Love can come in all ways and can treat the same or can be so different. 

When we'd make love, she would always cover herself in the beginning. But as time went on, she became Laura. The Laura that I never met and I feel honored to be able to be the first to see that side of her.

In return, she taught me many things as well. She taught me to be patient, to be more gentle, and be more aware of those around me. But I think what she taught me the most would be how to be open. I've told Laura things that I never got a chance to tell Andrea, I told Laura about my real family. 

Laura is me, and she will always be a part of me. As long as I live, I won't need anything else in this damned world.

Laura:

Learning to love was a new language to me. I never understood anything. I was never taught or shown how to love. If I was taught, it was all in the wrong way.

Loving him was hard because I didn't know-how. I know that he'd get really upset at times that I wouldn't show him, love. But he came around and taught me how to, Brett showed me a lot and I fell in love with him more and more every day.

I had to love myself before allowing him to love on me, and having someone do that, was hard.

Every day, waking up and seeing my surroundings and having to tell myself that it's real. I have a bed, a roof, and food every night.

Sometimes, I think to myself, is this real? Am I really in an air-conditioned building with a bed and food everyday and heat in the winter? 

it's all so surreal and to me, it happened so fast, that I sometimes wonder if what I am doing is wrong. 

I guess what I am trying to say is. My mind is still processing that I am actually here at this moment. Living the life that I deserve and I think that I do deserve this lifestyle. I've been to hell and back a lot of times.

But my fate keeps getting stronger and stronger every day when I see him, in front of me. Brett Tyler, I love you to pieces and I would do anything to make sure that I keep you in my arms until the day that I die.