39. Boat Day

"Wake up, sleeping beauty!" I groan and bury my head into JJ's chest, ignoring whoever is yelling this early in the morning.

"Fuck off," JJ says, pulling me closer to him. I smile into his chest, admiring his morning voice.

"No thank you. Olivia Grace Routledge get your ass out of bed," I turn to look at who is trying to get me up and see Sarah glaring down at me.

"Why? I don't want to," I complain while sitting up in the bed. I look down to make sure I'm wearing clothes, internally thanking myself for putting JJ's shirt on after our activities last night.

"Because we have plans. We're having a girls day!" Sarah says, smiling brightly at me.

I roll my eyes at the happy girl in front of me. "I was just gonna lay in bed and watch tv all day, Sarah," I admit.

She rolls her eyes and sits on the bed by my feet while grabbing my hands. "Olivia, I say this with love... you need to get out of the house and stop being lazy. You, me, and Kie are gonna tan, get high, and talk about boys all day, okay? Now get up!" She says, pulling me up with her.

"Ugh fine! But only if JJ rolls the blunt," I say, admitting defeat but trying to negotiate. There's no point in fighting with Sarah when she's right. I need distractions and a girls day will do the trick... plus weed will definitely help.

"What about JJ and a blunt?" JJ says, opening his eyes finally and rubbing them to wake up. How he managed to stay asleep for most of that conversation is beyond me.

Sarah laughs at him and I throw a pillow at him for being a dork. "Girls day. Will you roll a blunt for us? I think it'll be good for me," I say sweetly, sitting back on the bed facing JJ.

"This is my cue to leave. I'll be outside in the car!" Sarah says, realizing JJ and I are either about to have a conversation or make out... or both.

JJ waves goodbye to Sarah before sitting up in bed and putting his hands on my knees. "Are you sure? Things have been going so well and I don't want you to get high and get sad again," he asks, obviously worried about me.

I nod and lean forward, giving him a quick kiss. "I'm sure. The hardest part is over, now I just need to heal. I really think a girls day with a hydro blunt will help put any sad thoughts at bay," I say, meaning every word. I love how worried he is about me, it shows how much he cares. But at the same time, I need to feel normal again and this will help.

JJ sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "Alright. If you start to feel sad or anything, call me, okay? I don't care if you call me every 2 minutes just please do," he says.

I roll my eyes and stand up. I walk to the bathroom but stop in the doorway and turn around to look at JJ. "I promise. You should hang with the boys today! Play video games or something," I suggest, leaning on the doorframe.

JJ thinks for a second before his eyes light up. "You're a genius, Liv! A new update just dropped for COD. I'm gonna call JB after I roll this blunt for you guys," he says, excitement shining through his voice.

I smile at the man I love and make my way into the bathroom, brushing my teeth and getting ready quickly since Sarah is waiting outside. I put my hair in a high ponytail and swipe some mascara over my lashes before putting on face sunscreen. I make my way to the closet to find something to wear, knowing 90% of my stuff is here instead of my own house. I put on a white bikini with one of JJ's white button up shirts and denim shorts. I find a cute pair of sunglasses and throw them in my bag along with some sunscreen, a book, and a water bottle. I look at myself in the mirror and smile, feeling normal again. I never thought I would feel like this again, and I'm grateful.