18. Drama Queen

This chapter contains mature sexual content.

JJ's P.O.V

"Hey man," John B says while he leans against the doorframe of Olivia's room. I turn down the volume on the tv and turn my attention to him.

"Howdy. What's up?" I ask.

"Do you know where Liv is? I need girl advice from an actual girl," he laughs, scratching his head awkwardly.

I chuckle before remembering she's with the kook prince. "She's with Rafe," I reply, clenching my jaw.

His smile drops and he looks at me confused. "Why is she with him? What did you do?" he asks while walking into the room to question me up close.

I hold my hands up to surrender. "I didn't do anything, dude. She said she needed closure or some shit. She should be back soon," I defend myself, sitting up in the bed and backing away from him.

His appearance softens once he realizes I didn't do anything to hurt Olivia. "I don't trust him being alone with her," he says while backing away from me and looking out the window to think.

I nod in agreement. "I don't either, but I trust her. He'd be stupid to try something." As soon as I say this, the front door slams shut. John B and I give each other a 'wtf' look before we make our way to the living room, not expecting to find a crying Olivia.

I quickly move to her, pulling her into my arms and holding her head against my chest as she cries into my shirt. I look at John B and meet his eyes; we share a look that says 'we're gonna beat Rafe Cameron's ass' before turning our attention back to Olivia.

"What happened, baby?" I ask her, leaning backwards slightly to see her eyes. She looks up at me before taking a deep breath. I expect her to say something, but she turns her focus from my eyes to the ground. I furrow my brows in confusion, not understanding what's going on. "Talk to me, Olivia," I urge her, grabbing her hands and squeezing them gently.

She looks back up at me, blinking away the tears. "He-he kissed me," she admits, scanning my face for a reaction.

I shake my head slightly, not believing that. How stupid could he be? Olivia wouldn't let him kiss her. Unless she still had feelings for him...

"What do you mean he kissed you?" I ask, trying to understand what's going on.

She takes a deep breath, "he kissed me to try and prove I still have feelings for him."

I let go of her hands to run my fingers through my hair, feeling myself getting annoyed and angry. "Well did it work?" I ask, not realizing I was yelling at this point.

"JJ don't yell at her. Actually don't talk to her like that at all, got it? This is all on Rafe, man," John B says, stepping in and defending Olivia but I push his chest slightly as a warning to back off.

"This isn't your problem, dude. This is between my girlfriend and I. Some privacy would be nice," I say, glaring at him.

John B scoffs, "you think I'm gonna leave you alone with my sister when you're angry? I'm not a fucking idiot, JJ."

I scoff right back at him. "And you think I'd ever hurt her? You really are an idiot if you think that," I say as he comes closer to me, getting up in my face. Before either of us can say more, Olivia interrupts us.

"God could you two be anymore dramatic? I don't have feelings for him, okay? Yes, I loved Rafe once. Those feelings don't go away overnight. He kissed me and I was frozen for a few seconds, but I realized what I was doing and I left. He's not the guy I'm in love with, JJ. You are. I never loved him the way I love you. One kiss doesn't change that," Olivia admits to me before turning her attention to John B. "I love that you're looking out for me, but you're too overprotective. You can be a drama queen sometimes. Both of you are, if I'm being honest," she says, rolling her eyes at both of us.