Prologue

Olivia Routledge grew up happy and loved alongside her twin brother, John B, and their father, Big John in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. She didn't know anything else other than island life, but when she was 14, she moved to New York to live with her mother. Olivia and John B never knew their mother, they just knew she was alive. For their 14th birthday, Olivia asked Big John if she could meet their mom. He was hesitant but would do anything to make his baby girl happy. He sent her off to New York, where she met her mom. Soon enough, Olivia was convinced she needed more time with her mother. So she moved in with her, enrolled in a performing arts school, and was happy... until she wasn't.

One afternoon Olivia came home from school to find her mother high on cocaine and drunk on tequila. She had always wondered why she left her family, and she finally got an answer: drug addiction. From that day on, Olivia did everything in her power to help her mother get sober, but her addiction slowly consumed Olivia too. She stopped going to school, she was barely sleeping, and she felt like she could barely breathe for herself. Nonetheless, she stayed in New York until she couldn't take it anymore. The day before her 18th birthday, she packed her bags, booked the first flight to the Outer Banks, and never looked back. She knew her mother couldn't survive without her, but Olivia wasn't surviving with her. She missed her real family. She missed her home.

So home she went. But four years is a long time. A lot can change... and it did.

________________

I am so excited for everyone to read this story! From this point on, the chapters will be written in Olivia's p.o.v. unless otherwise stated. Happy reading! 😊

xoxo, C ❣️