48. Jail

I take a deep breath and look up at the building I'm about to walk into, debating whether or not this is a good idea. No, it's definitely not my greatest idea... but I have to do something. I will not allow Luke Maybank to continue hurting JJ.

I open the door to the jail and walk in, getting checked in and inspected by the officers guarding the jail before being led to the visiting room. I stop walking when I see Luke sitting at a table, smirking when he sees me. "Great, he's already pissing me off," I think to myself before walking through the door and sitting at the table across from Luke.

"Well hello there, baby doll. You get prettier every time I see you," Luke says, smirk not leaving his face.

I scoff in disgust and get right to the point. "As far as JJ is concerned, you're dead. He doesn't know who you are. Do you understand that? Your own son doesn't want to know you or be associated with you," I say, getting angrier by the minute as I think about everything JJ had to go through in his life.

"So why isn't my boy here telling me this instead of you, pretty little thing?" Luke smirks, leaning forward on the table so I lean back farther.

"Because I'm his fiancé and I stick up for the man I love. You are never going to see him again. You were the worst father-figure he could ever have. You abused him every chance you got and for what? Being born? You made him hate himself for 18 years for something out of his control. You forced him to do drugs, party, steal for you, and the list goes on and on. You don't deserve to ever be near him again after what you put him through. He's better off without a father than with you as one," I say, standing up at the end of my rant ready to leave.

"You don't know a damn thing, bitch. You might want to watch your tone when you speak to me," Luke says, anger shining through his eyes.

I slam my hands down on the table and lean close to him. "Listen very carefully. You will not contact JJ. You will not come visit JJ if you get out of this shithole. You will act as if you don't have a son because your son wants nothing to do with you. After everything you've put him through, the least you can do is stay away. Let him be happy for once in his life," I say, ending the conversation and turning around to leave.

As I'm walking away, I hear Luke shouting at me. "I'll see you soon, baby doll! Tell my boy his daddy says hi!" he yells. I can practically hear his smirk through his voice.

It takes all my strength to keep walking instead of turning around and punching him in the face. Instead, I flip him off and walk out the door, making my way through the halls to leave the jail. Although it was a short visit, I feel overwhelmed with emotions. The amount of hatred I have for that man runs deep.

I check my phone when I get out of the building, seeing it's now 2 p.m. The jail didn't open until 1 p.m., and that's when I came. I didn't tell JJ where I was going, just that I had something important to do and that I would explain after. Everyone is hanging out at the Chateau today, so Kie let me drive her car to the jail. I asked to borrow her car and she threw me the keys, not asking why I needed it or where I needed to go but instead trusting me. I drive back to the Chateau, smiling when I see everyone playing corn hole in the back.

"Look who decided to show up!" Pope shouts when he sees me.

I smile at my friend and make my way over to him, giving him a side hug before moving to stand with JJ. I walk over to him and he instinctively opens his arms up for me. I bury my face in his chest when I reach him, smiling when I feel his fingers running through my hair comfortingly. I pull away and lean up to kiss him, having missed him for the short amount of time I was gone. "Can I know where you urgently had to go now?" JJ asks, moving a piece of hair out of my face and tucking it behind my ear.