11. The Confession

Despite JJ's weariness to let me drive his truck, we make it back to the Chateau in one piece. I park in the driveway then run to the passenger side to help him. He was pretty beaten up; his lip was bleeding and he was holding onto his stomach and arm in pain. I open the door and hold out my hand for him to take, to which he reluctantly does.

"I'm supposed to be helping you out of my truck, not the other way around. I don't feel like a gentleman," he says, pouting.

I open the front door and gesture for him to walk in front of me, making him pout some more. "Oh come on, Jay. Let me treat you like royalty for once," I say, walking beside him and holding his hand.

He looks down and smiles at our hands, "I like the sound of that."

I nod happily as we walk into my room, noticing John B's door is closed. I shrug, thinking he's not home. I push JJ into the bathroom, where he stands awkwardly. "Get on the counter," I instruct him.

He looks shocked for a second at my demand before smirking, "whatever you want, baby." I smack his arm, forgetting which one was hurt and accidentally reigniting the pain. "Holy fuck! Liv, why did you do that?" he complains, grabbing his arm as he gets situated on the counter.

I stand in front of him and in an act of confidence, I lean forward and kiss him on the cheek. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to. I forgot your arm was hurt," I apologize, pulling away but staying close to him.

His face flushes as he smirks, "I'll forgive you I guess. If you fix me up, of course."

I roll my eyes, "I can't fix you up if you're talking the whole time. You're distracting me," I say. I open the cabinet under the sink and grab the supplies I need to clean his lip and put them on the counter. I turn on the sink, grabbing a washcloth and getting it soaked in cold water before bringing it to JJ's lip, only for him to swat my hand away.

He looks at me, obviously scared. "Is that gonna hurt?" he asks.

I stand between his legs, putting my free hand on his knee. I look in his eyes, promising everything will be fine. "I'm gonna make you feel good," I say before realizing how it sounds. My face turns red as I blush in embarrassment, quickly looking down to avoid his eyes.

He doesn't say anything in response, which I am grateful for but also confused about. Usually he'd jump at an opportunity to make a sexual joke. He just sits on the counter swinging his legs back and forth, waiting for me to fix him, so I do just that. I take care of his lip and start to move away from my position between his legs when I feel his hands on my waist. He pulls me closer to him, so close I can feel his heart beating and feel his breath on my neck as he whispers in my ear, "thank you, baby."

My heart beats faster and I lose my breath for a second before swallowing and whispering back, "no problem."

JJ and I have been this close to each other twice in the few days I've been home. Both times I've wished for him to make a move. I don't know if it's the sexual tension or underlying feelings but I want to feel his lips on mine and in this moment, I'm not pulling away. If he's going to make a move, I'm going to let it happen.

He leans back a bit to look at me, bringing one of his hands to my face and rubbing his thumb against my cheek. "I really want to kiss you," he says, looking at my lips.

I take a deep breath and lick my lips, "so why don't you?" I ask, and he starts to lean in before I'm being pulled away by someone.

"What the fuck? JJ are you fucking kidding? That's my fucking sister. She's off limits, bro! What the fuck is this?" John B yells, getting in JJ's face.

JJ is standing up at this point, backed into the counter with John B inches away from him. He clenches his jaw and looks at me. "Fuck the rules," he says calmly, not breaking eye contact with me. He doesn't seem fazed at all by John B's anger.