10. Romeo and Juliet

As soon as the clock turns noon, Rafe sends a "I'm here" text. I get my purse and head outside, yelling "bye, JB!" to my brother before leaving. I smile when I see Rafe's truck, walking quickly to get in. I open the door and hear Love Story by Taylor Swift on the radio, and I smile even wider.

"You look beautiful, Juliet," Rafe says, putting a hand on my thigh as I sit in the passenger seat. I'm wearing a black and white floral dress, it's flowy and casual so I wore black birks and my hair natural. I put on a little mascara and lip gloss and called it a day. Rafe is wearing a grey button up shirt and black jeans, looking amazing.

I lean over and kiss his lips softly, "thank you, you're not too bad yourself," I reply, and he kisses me in response.

He backs out of the driveway and we make our way to wherever it is Rafe decided to take us to for lunch. We listen to the radio and make small talk on the way, him holding my thigh the whole time. We pull up to a local burger joint, and we make our way inside, holding hands as soon as we get out of the truck.

We wait in line to order, deciding what we want to eat. We order our food, Rafe paying. I thank him and we get a table, sitting across from each other. He looks at me, smiling wide. "How did I get so lucky to have you as my Juliet?" he asks, and I smile back at him.

"If I remember correctly, you were my Romeo in a little play called Romeo and Juliet. The rest is history," I reply. "I'm actually going to tell the story of why we call each other Romeo and Juliet later," I say, smiling at the thought of JJ.

He looks at me confused, "who would want to know that?" he asks.

I hesitate, "JJ. He heard me call you Romeo this morning and a few days ago too."

He clenches his jaw and looks away, "why were you with him?" he asks, his tone of voice bitter.

"He's my best friend, I'm always with him," I reply.

He looks back at me, anger clear in his voice. "He's a dirty pogue. Why do you spend your time with him?"

I raise my eyebrows, "if he's a dirty pogue, so am I. Why are you getting mad? I have friends, Rafe," I say.

He scoffs, "he's a worthless pothead that's in love with you. You know we hate each other, Olivia."

My heart flutters when he says JJ is in love with me, but I dismiss it. "Okay first of all, he's not in love with me. Second, don't talk about him that way. This attitude isn't attractive on you," I say, getting more annoyed as the conversation continues.

He laughs, "are you serious? Why do you think we hate each other so much? Because he's a pogue and I'm a kook? I thought you were smarter than that, Liv. Did you lose brain cells in New York? When are you gonna realize he's gonna turn out to be an abusive piece of shit like his father?" he says, and I stand up and grab my purse.

"I'm not going to sit here and listen to you bash him like that. He's not his father, don't ever say that again," I warn him, walking away before turning around. "If you feel like apologizing, you know where to find me," I say, leaving the table and going outside.

I take my phone out of my purse and call JJ. He picks up right away. "Hey, Jay. Can you pick me up?" I ask, telling him where I'm at and that I'm outside waiting.