Worry Monsters Attack

Lucian was sweating through his classes as predicted. Everyone was talking about Prom, which was fast approaching. Six weeks. That was a long time and he already had his tux picked out. His dad bought it for him already. His mind wandered back to the text.

What did his dad have to talk about? They haven't really talked for months. His mom was gone three months already and they hadn't had any conversation. Did his dad know about him and Gabe? Did he know that Lucian was...gay? He even whispered the word gay in his head.

Why was that word so horrible? Gay? What if he was gay? He was gay. Yes, he was sure of that. He was gay and dating a guy. Gabe. Gabe Brown. That boy was so great. He had a simple pb&j but it was shaped like a heart and there were three chocolate chip cookies in there. They were still warm at lunch.

Jonah kept bugging him about his secret girlfriend. Lucian wasn't ready to tell Jonah. Jonah would tease him and beg to know who it was. Lucian wasn't ready to say it out loud. Gabe was being patient too and that made him love him more. He froze. Did he just...does he love Gabe? Was he in love?

Gabe wasn't doing any better. He spaced out in the rest of his classes. He thought about Lucian and his dad. What would his dad do if he knew? Hell, he didn't know his dad's name.

Fiona had said it...? He met that man a few times. He was a good man. It was... W...It started with a W. Walter...no that was his uncle! Stupid. Wa... Wade and Fiona Nichols. Lucian Nichols. When they got married, would Gabe change his name to Gabe Nichols or would Lucian change his name to Brown. Lucian Brown? Did guys change their last names when they married? He had no idea.

What in the fuck was he doing? When he married Lucian? What was happening? What was he just doing?

"What's with that smile?" Keeley asked. His friend, Logan, was staring too.

Gabe cleared his throat. "Nothing! It was nothing!"

Keeley gasped. "Are you thinking about a guy? Are you crushing on someone? I know that look and that is a look that says I am crushing on someone!"

Gabe just shook his head and tried to hide his smile. He was so crushing on someone. Hard. He was thinking about marrying someone. This was more than a crush. He was in love. Damn.

Logan smiled. "Yep, he is definitely crushing on someone!"

"Shut up. I was thinking about that text from my dad. I'm kind of freaking out." Gabe tried to hide it.

Logan rolled his eyes. "Riiight. That was not a look of worry, my gay friend. That was a look that said I have a huge boner for someone. We both saw it."

"You are so crude sometimes, Logan!" Gabe glared and pretended to pay attention to the teacher.